With MoEngage SMS Campaigns, you can track all your campaign performance and delivery metrics.
1. Sent: When the SMS request is placed with SMS provider, the receiving server will return a response code indicating what happened to that request. Sent is the number of users for whom the request was successfully accepted to be sent.
2. Delivered : Delivered is the count of users to whom the message is successfully delivered. Once the SMS is sent, SMS providers inform us back when they have confirmed delivery receipts from the Mobile Operators. These numbers are supposed to increase over time as deliveries might be delayed in events of customers' unreachability because of network/battery issue.
Note: This metric is not captured for SMS sent via Custom Connectors.
3. Clicked : Clicked is the number of times , the URL in your SMS, was clicked by the users who received your message. MoEngage tracks clicks only if you have enabled Click Tracking in your campaigns. Read more here.
If you have attached a conversion goal to your SMS campaign, you should be able to see the Conversion events and Conversion for the campaign. We attribute conversions only for customers for whom we have received Delivery Receipts.
In case of custom SMS connectors, the conversions are attributed when the SMS is successfully sent from our side as we don't process Delivery Receipts.
4. Conversion Events: Number of conversion events executed by users with-in 36 hours of receiving the messages.
5. Conversions: Number of unique users who have executed the conversion event at-least once with-in 36 hours of successfully sending the connector instance.
Conversion Rate is calculated as :
You can also track revenue for your SMS Campaigns. While setting the conversion goal (in Step 3 of campaign creation), you can choose for which goal do you want to track the Revenue.
For your campaign, you then will be able to see three revenue metrics as below:
Total Campaign Revenue is the sum of the total order value across conversion events attributed to the campaign.
Average Order value is calculated as:
Average Revenue Per User is calculated as:
You will be able to see this section when you have set more than one conversion goals for your campaigns.The section compares the performance of goals set by the marketer for the campaign.
All Goals: Will show all goal events for respective goal i.e. if a user made purchase twice, it will be shown twice. It is an equivalent of conversion events covered in sections above.
Unique Goals: Goals uniques across the users converted per campaign instance. It is an equivalent of Conversions metric covered in sections above.
There can be certain users for whom the response from the request URL returned any status other than 200 or the users for whom we fail to find any value against the user/event attributes used in SMS request.
|Response Code||Marked as successfully sent||Marked as failed||Retried?|
You will also be able to see the split of failures and their reasons as here. These failure are segregated in two part:
Failed to Send
It shows the reasons for which we failed to send SMS to your SMS provider. This may happen because of multiple reasons as below:
- Personalization Failed occurs when one or more of event/user attributes used in request are not found for the specific user.
- Error on SMS Provider side: Error Codes are shown as and what are received when request is made to SMS provider. The count shows the total aggregated number. You can know more about these errors from the documentation of your SMS provider.
Failed to Deliver
It shows the reasons for which your SMS provider failed to deliver your SMS. (Delivery is marked on the basis of delivery receipt of SMS provider. Currently we track delivery only for two SMS providers in India viz. SMS Gupshup & SolutionsInfini )
You will see following error when we are awaiting the delivery receipt from your SMS provider.