In this article we will cover the changes that you would have to make in your SMS settings to be compliant with DLT regulations. This will make sure there are no interruptions in your current/future SMS campaigns.
Please go through the SMS DLT regulations document if you want to know about DLT regulations and the registration process
- Since DLT regulations are applicable only in India, these changes are applicable only if you are sending SMS to Indian mobile numbers
- The regulatory process of scrubbing the Entity ID and Sender IDs with all the operators has been live from 1st February, 2021.
- The scrubbing of Template ID is live since 1st April, 2021. Make sure to upload all the content templates to any operator DLT portal ASAP, if not done already.
1. Update DLT specific details with your SMS provider
As per DLT platform scrubbing requirements, operators will accept and deliver messages only if they receive Principal Entity ID, Sender ID and Template IDs in every message submission.
Follow the instructions mentioned below if you are using SMS Gupshup or Kaleyra as your SMS providers:
Login to enterprise.smsgupshup.com using your Account login details and OTP. Go to DLT Template module, you will see 2 tabs: Single Template and Upload template list
1. In the Single Template section you will have to list Template Name, Template Id (URN) and Transactional (yes/no), DLT Message Type, Message Type, Business category, Mask, Template content... Once all the details are listed please click on “SUBMIT”.
2. In Upload template list section you will have to list the same details however it will be a bulk option so many templates could be added at one go
Kaleyra (Solution Infini)
Kaleyra has launched a new service - “DLT AI'' which lets you continue the message submission process, without ANY changes.
All you have to do is:
Once you have added the Entity ID and Template ID on Kaleyra’s Platform, these details will be auto-mapped for you and the requests will be submitted to the operators.
- Make sure you have done the above steps for both promotional & transactional SMS
- If you are sending SMS via Custom Connectors, please get in touch with your SMS providers to understand how you should pass the DLT fields - Entity ID, Sender ID and Template IDs to them.
2. Update settings on MoEngage dashboard - for integrated providers
If you are using SMS Gupshup or Kaleyra as integrated providers on MoEngage dashboard, make sure to update the Sender IDs.
Enter the Header ID registered and approved on DLT platform in the Sender ID field for all the senders - for both transactional & promotional SMS. This will ensure that your SMS campaigns are not impacted.
3. No delivery information for Promotional SMS
As per the new guidelines by TRAI, the telecom operators will not be providing delivery information for promotional SMS. Hence, you won't be able to see the Delivered stats on SMS Campaign Analytics page.
We urge you to make sure you are passing correct Sender ID in the SMS settings page as explained above and have updated the Principal Entity ID, Sender ID and Template IDs with your SMS providers.
4. Configure SMS as per approved template
Ensure to follow this practise once the templates scrubbing goes live.
As per template scrubbing guidelines, you would need to adhere your SMS content with the approved templates. If the SMS is not found to match with any of the approved templates, your SMS will be rejected.
You can pass dynamic or personalised values in #var# parameter of the approved template. Each #var# has a limit of 30 characters. You can use a combination of #var# to accommodate more number of characters. Please configure the templates accordingly and get them approved.