Audit logs are a centralized trail of all activity in your MoEngage account. You can play back activity in your account relating to who has logged in, who made changes to your account settings, when new users are invited to your account, and more.
Audit logs are available for only limited events right now - which include login, teams, inviting new users, changing roles, and updates for 2-factor authentication & SSO.
Viewing Audit Logs
Audit logs can be viewed and downloaded only by admins.
- To view audit logs, you need to navigate to Settings >> Audit Logs
- All create, delete, update and export actions happening in your account will be visible in a table.
- You can filter events taking place for any particular event type, user, or date range on this screen by clicking on the Filter icon >> Select filter values >> Apply
Audit logs cannot be modified or updated in any way by any user or MoEngage.
You can view these columns with the following information for a user performing any action:
- Time - The exact time an action took place
- Team - Team of the user performing the action
- Entity - Event category of the action taken
- Entity Type - Event category type of the action taken
- Sub Entity - Event sub-category of the action taken
- Sub Entity Type - Event sub-category type of the action taken
- Activity - Description of the action
- Action - Create/Update/Delete or Export action performed
- Actor - Email ID of the user performing the action
- IP - IP address of the user
Downloading Audit Logs
- To download audit logs, you need to navigate to Settings >> Audit Logs
- Apply any filter for any particular event type, user, or date range (Optional)
- Click on “Export Audit Logs” on the right-hand side of the screen
- You will receive a CSV file with the selected details on your email ID, with a confirmation message on your screen. Note - This file will have certain information like "Actor" masked.
Audit logs are available for the last 90 days only.