User events integration is one of the most important part of the entire integration. To ensure that the events are flowing correctly to MoEngage, we can follow the steps as below.
What to be Validated
- Events Tracking is working as expected.
- All the attributes are being tracked
- The data types of the attributes are correct
How to do validation
1. Checking event tracking
- On the app, perform the events that need to be tracked on MoEngage
- Open the user profile on the MoEngage Dashboard and got to the Activity info
- You should be able to see all the events performed in this section.
2. Checking the Event attributes
- on clicking an event on the activity info page expands the event and the event attributes are displayed.
- check for all the attributes that need to be passed with the event
- Event Source has to be SDK, Platform has to be the type of device where the event is performed and type has to be tracked user events.
3. Checking the attribute data types
- String data type attributes should have string related operators like is, contains, starts with, etc
- Date attributes should have operators like on, in between, before after, etc
- Number attributes should have operators like equal to, greater than, in between, etc
Potential Issues and Solution
Unique Event Name - It is most important to track unique names for events from across platforms.
Event attributes Data Type - It is also important to maintain datatype consistent across platforms.