System for Cross-domain Identity Management (SCIM) is an open standard that allows exchange of user identity information between two systems. In this case, you will exchange the user identity information between the identity provider and MoEngage.
SSO should be configured.
- Navigate to the MoEngage Dashboard and select Settings > General settings > Security > Login from the left navigation.
- Turn the Enable SCIM Provisioning toggle on.
- In the Base Connector URL field, copy the URL and paste it in your identity provider’s settings.
- From the Default role drop-down list, select the required role.
This role is used as a fallback value if the identity provider does not assign any role value to the user.
- In the Expiry date field, select the expiry date for the SCIM access token.
The SCIM access token will expire after the validity you set is over. You must generate a new access token after that and update the same in the identity provider’s settings. It is advisable to generate it for a longer duration, for example, 1 year.
- Click Generate Access Token. The Generate access token pop-up window is displayed.
- Copy the access token and paste it in your identity provider’s settings.
You can view the access token only once so ensure that you copy it.
- After you enter the Base Connector URL and Access Token in your identity provider’s settings successfully, the SCIM status on MoEngage changes from Inactive: