"Account Lockout" is a security feature that locks an account when invalid login credentials or email OTP is used 4 times consecutively. This helps prevent attacks that might allow unauthorized entities to gain access to an account.
Account lockout in MoEngage
If you have entered incorrect login credentials or email OTP four times, your account gets locked for 180 minutes.
Account Unblock - User
Once locked, you need to wait for 3 hours (180 minutes) to unblock your account. Alternatively, you can reach out to your admin to get it unblocked faster.
Account Unblock - Admin
You must be an admin to perform the following steps:
- Login into your MoEngage account using admin credentials.
- Navigate to Settings -> Account -> Team Management.
- Search for the blocked account using its email id.
- Click on the "Unblock" button next to the user name.
- Once done, you will see a successful message toaster. The user account will be unblocked.
- The user should be able to log in using the correct credentials.
You can also reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org in case the above-mentioned solutions do not work.