Difference in Campaign Counts
On the MoEngage dashboard, user behavior analysis can be analyzed on different pages - Analyze pages and Campaign stats pages.
Analyze section pages - Behavior, Funnel, Retention, etc. pages provides tw0 different kinds of counts -
1. Total event count - This is the count of the action/event done by the user. Total event count is available for hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly granularity.
2. Unique user count - Unique user count is the count of distinctive/individual users who are performing the events, a user can perform a specific event multiple times. Unique user count is available for hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly granularity.
Total Event and Unique user count can be seen in Behavior & Funnels. Retention always provides a unique user count.
Here we have taken the example for the Push campaign -
Impressions represent the number of user devices that have received the notification sent by the marketer. It can also be seen as the total event count of impression.
Clicks represent the total number of notifications clicked by the users once the notification is delivered to them. It can also be seen as the total event count of Clicks.
Conversion Events represent the total number of primary conversion goal events that happened within the attribution period from the time user received the notification.
1. For campaigns having only one recurrence, conversion represents unique users who have accomplished the primary conversion goal event at least once within the attribution period.
2.For campaigns having multiple recurrences, conversion represents unique users who have accomplished the primary conversion goal event at least once within the attribution period for each recurrence. For example, If a user receives one Campaign Instance on Day X and another on Day Y and converts once on both days, the conversions will be counted as 2.
Difference in count
1. Event count for Impression, Clicks, and Conversion Event should be the same in both Campaign stats and Total Event analysis of Behavior page.
As these metrics are event counts these can not be compared with Unique Users.
2. Conversions in campaign stats provide the unique user count per campaign recurrence, and Behavior analytics Unique Users provide the unique user count across the hour, day, week or month.
For example, a user who receives two campaigns and converts two times Monday & Wednesday (within attribution window) - this user will have campaign conversion as 2 (one for each campaign), whereas in Behavior analytics Unique Users for daily granularity provide 2 users and weekly granularity provides 1 user.
Note: In Funnel analysis, Funnel - Unique User analysis with Holding attribute constant on campaign id attribute across all steps, provide unique converted user for each campaign for the selected granularity. Read more about it here.
Difference in Reachability Counts
Reachability count in Segmentation page and Reachability count on push campaign page can be different.
This can be due to the queries which run on Segmentation and Campaigns are different.
Segmentation run queries across all platform, this include events coming from Android, iOS, Web, and others (Platform for Events generated by MoEngage and events coming from servers). Segmentation query finds all users, irrespective of the platform from which they did the event, and then from that list show the reachable counts on android, ios, web (in case of push reachability).
To have the same counts across Segmentation and Campaign stats, ask your CSM to enable 'Others' as a platform in the campaign creation, to query all events irrespective of the platform.
We at MoEngage have already picked supporting cross-platform campaigns as a task as we see more clients having this requirement. We expect the support for the same to be added by Q4 2021.