This article explains Android Push Notifications Integration validation manually in stepwise manner.
What to be Validated
To make sure Push notifications are working properly on the device.
How to do validation
1. Push Token Generation
- On your profile page, the Android push icon has to be green.
- You can also check for a token by using the integration validation tool (https://app.moengage.com/v3/#/integration/verify/android)
2. Push notification received on the device
- Create a general Push campaign on the Dashboard for your device
- Test the notification from the test option at the 3rd stage of creation.
- If you get a success response create the campaign. If failed, check for the failure reasons.
- Check for the two icons to be visible on the push notification on your device
3. Notification Redirection
- While creating the campaign, select the navigate to Screen option and select a screen from the dropdown. On receiving the notification, click on it and the screen selected in the dropdown should open on the app.
- While creating the campaign, select the deeplinking option, and add the URL. On clicking the notification, the user has to be redirected to the exact portion of the app intended. (Add the KV pairs if any)
- While creating the campaign, select the Richlanding option, and add the URL. On clicking the notification, the user has to be redirected to the web.
4. Notification stats
- Once the campaign is sent out, the campaign stats should show the impressions and clicks.
- Push token has to be generated for the users
- Notification should be displayed correctly including the small and large icons
- The redirection(3 different types) should work as expected
- The Impressions and clicks have to be captured.
- In case of rich notifications(if present), check for the image rendering, notification sound, buttons, and their redirections, etc.
Potential Issues and Solution
- If tokens are not generated correctly, the reachable user base will be less than the actual users. To fix the Token issue, please check Android docs.
- Incorrect Redirection will lead to confusion/miss in opportunities
- If the clicks and impressions are not recorded, we cannot understand the impact of the campaign. To fix Impression or click tracking related issue, please check Android docs.