These are the logs that get generated for every request that is received for the Alert.
- are available as soon as a request is processed
- can be updated in real-time by clicking on the refresh button available in the top right corner of the Alert Logs section.
- are sorted based on the request received time
The image below shows the Alert Logs for an active Alert.
Search Your Alert Logs
Alert Logs are a means to analyze the Alert performance based on request status, channel level filters, and unique identifiers such as the request ID, transaction ID, and recipient ID. You can search the logs using the following criteria:
Search by request ID or transaction ID
The request ID is a unique identifier given to a request received by MoEngage. The transaction ID is a unique identifier that identifies the transaction for which the Alert is being sent to the user. The transaction ID is generated and maintained by you and passed to MoEngage along with the request.
The search by request ID or transaction ID option helps you search the logs for a specific request or transaction in the Alert logs and see its status on the Dashboard.
You can search for Duplicate requests by searching using the transaction ID. A request is considered a duplicate if it contains the same transaction ID as that of a previously successful or in-progress request within a 5-minute interval.
Note: The request ID and transaction ID need to be exact matches for a request to be called a duplicate; partial matches wouldn’t work.
Search by Channel
This option helps you filter the requests based on the selected channels (SMS and(or) email) and analyze the requests using the request or delivery status.
Search by Request Status
This option helps you filter the requests based on their status. The available filter options for status are:
- Request Failed -This option shows all the requests that have failed for the Alert either due to incorrect Alert ID, incorrect payload information, invalid transaction ID, mandatory fields being missing in the payload, and so on. For more information about possible errors, refer to Error Codes.
- Request Dropped - This option shows all the requests that were dropped for the Alert. Requests are dropped when the Alert is paused when a transaction is in progress, the rate limit has exceeded the set RPM, or if MoEngage Inform services were temporarily unavailable.
- Request Processing - This option shows all the requests that are being processed currently for the Alert. Any request that is being attempted to be sent to the vendor would be a request that is currently in progress.
- Delivery Successful - This option shows all the requests that have been delivered successfully.
- Delivery Pending - This option shows all the requests that have not been delivered yet. These would be messages that have been processed by MoEngage and sent to the vendor for further processing.
- Delivery Failed - This option shows all the requests that have not been delivered yet. These would be messages that have been processed by MoEngage and sent to the vendor for further processing.
- Delivery Info NA - This option shows all the requests that do not have delivery information available.
Search within a specified date range
This option helps you filter requests within the specified dates.
Search with Recipient ID
This option helps you filter requests based on the recipient ID(Email ID for emails and Mobile number for SMS).
Search with Time to Deliver
This option helps you filter the requests based on the time taken to deliver the message. You can specify the minimum and maximum delivery time in seconds in this filter.
Every row in the logs section contains information about a request received for the Alert. The following information is available for every request in the logs:
- Received Time - When MoEngage received the request via your API call.
- Request ID - The MoEngage-generated unique identifier for this API call. For Every API call received, MoEngage provides the Request ID as a unique identifier.
- Channel - The channel for which the request was processed. For example, SMS or Email.
- Status - States the status of the request. For more information about the possible statuses for a request, refer to Request Status.
- Failure Reason - States the reason for failure, in case MoEngage is not able to process the request or if there are any failures from the vendors(delivery errors, and so on.)
- Recipient ID - The destination identifier for the channel where the message should be delivered. For example, Email ID for Emails and Mobile number for SMS.
- Transaction ID - The identifier that needs to be passed by you for each transaction.
- Delivery Time - This is the time to process the request + the time for your email or SMS provider to send the request to the user + the Time for the Email/SMS provider to update delivery information back to MoEngage.
You can click on the row to get more information about the request as shown below.
The following information is available for every request:
- Delivery info - The Delivery Info section contains the details about when the request was received when the message was sent to the vendor for the specified channel and the delivery time.
- Request - The Request section contains the request payload for the specific channel for which the log is being displayed.
- Response - The Response section contains the response to the request generated by MoEngage.