MoEngage's Exit Intent Technology, detects the activity of your website users and prompts a trigger when the user is about to leave your website. You can leverage this exit intent trigger prompt for your desktop web and mobile web traffic in your on-site messaging campaigns.
Exit Intent on Desktop Web
On desktop web, we detect the movement of the cursor on the browser tab and as soon as the cursor moves outside the browser tab, MoEngage SDK will trigger an exit intent campaign.
Exit Intent on Mobile Web
On mobile website, we detect an exit intent based on one of the following conditions -
- When the user taps on the back button or gesture to move the previous page on the browser.
- When the user tries to switch between tabs by double-clicking the browser or by clicking on the tab button of the browser.
- On scrolling down by 50% and then scrolling up by 5% - This will display the browser top bar from where a new tab can be opened.
Use-cases for Exit Intent Campaigns on Website and Mobile Website
- Capture Email Id of users when they are about to leave the website.
- Retain user interest by showing the best offers on your website on exit intent. Further personalize these offers by creating segments and content for specific geographies.
- Ask users for feedback when they are about to leave the website to get more insight into where you can improve.
On-site Messaging: Create Campaigns with Exit Intent Trigger
To create On-site Messaging Campaigns basis exit intent, please follow the below steps -
- Start creating an On-site Messaging campaign. For more information, refer to create on-site messaging.
- On Step-1 of campaign creation, select Trigger Action as Exit Intent as shown below -
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long will it take for the exit intent campaign to be shown on the browser after the user has shown an exit intent?
- Typically, we are able to show messages on the browser within 1-2 seconds after exit intent is detected, depending the networks latency. On first page visit, it may take about 5 seconds for the campaign to be shown to the user after page load.