MoEngage has native integration with Email on Acid to preview your email campaign content. This will help you visualize your email across devices and email clients. For example, a mobile device that runs Gmail on Android 8 or a desktop that runs Apple Mail on OS X.
- There is no additional setup required.
- You do not need an Email on Acid account. You can directly use it from your MoEngage dashboard.
Steps to run inbox previews
1. Navigate to step 2 of email campaign creation, and click on previews.
2. The pop-up will show you a new tab for "Inbox previews".
Note - If you are not seeing this option, please raise a ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org to enable the feature.
In case a user has run the inbox preview test already, the following screen is displayed with the option to view the past test(s) run for the campaign.
3. Click run and save the test. By default, MoEngage provides 10 free tests to you. You can increase your monthly limit by raising a support ticket.
4. You will see the test results. You can filter your tests by device or ratings. The preview shows the results for mobile clients, desktop clients, and web clients as shown below.
- Each of these preview thumbnails can be clicked and viewed on a full scale
You can also reload the preview images in case of issues. Note: Reloading a test would not decrease your monthly tests.
- You can also rate your tests with a thumbs up/down. This allows you to better collaborate with your teammates.
- You can also export your tests by clicking on the export button. You enter a file name and select file type (pdf/zip) to export your results. The file will provide you with detailed images with respect to every device and client. The export will be sent to the logged-in user of the dashboard.
Click on "Spam checker" in the sidebar to see the spam score of your content. The spam checker predicts the likelihood of your campaign hitting the spam folder instead of the inbox. The test looks at the content of your email that may cause spam delivery such as:
- Blacklisted URLs in the email or its content.
- Misleading subject lines. Very image-heavy email content.
- Spelling and grammar issues.
- Missing unsubscribe link in the footer.
- Spam trigger words, subject line (too long or too short), or a sender email address that has been blacklisted
Click here to read more about calculating spam scores in Email on Acid.
You can access your past tests by clicking on the Past Tests option in the pop-up. This will list all the tests that you have run on your account.
Click on the Campaign link to go to the Campaign Info page of the campaign for which the test was run.
The following devices and email clients are supported in inbox previews:
iPad Air 3 iOS 13
iPad Pro (11-inch) iOS 13
iPad Pro (12.9-inch) iOS 13
iPad Pro (9.7-inch) iOS 13
iPhone X iOS 12
iPhone XR iOS 13
iPhone XS iOS 13
iPhone XS Max iOS 13
iPhone XR Dark Mode iOS 13
iPhone 7 iOS 12
iPhone 7 Outlook iOS 11
iPhone 7+ iOS 12
iPhone 8 iOS 12
iPhone 8 iOS 13
iPhone 8+ iOS 12
iPhone 8+ iOS 13
iPhone 11 iOS 13
iPhone 11 Pro iOS 13
iPhone 11 Pro Max iOS 13
iPhone SE iOS 12
Pixel Gmail Android 6
Pixel Gmail Android 7
Pixel Gmail Android 8
Samsung Mail Android 7
Apple Mail 13 macOS Catalina
Apple Mail 13 Dark Mode macOS Catalina
Outlook 2016 Windows 10
Outlook 2016 (120 dpi) Windows 10
Outlook 2019 Windows 10
Outlook 2019 (120 dpi) Windows 10
Outlook Office365, Windows 10
Outlook Office365 Dark Mode, Windows 10
Outlook Office365 Dark Mode, macOS Catalina