Facebook has posed some restrictions on using or setting FB Audience via the Marketing APIs. Some of the common errors that you may encounter while configuring the FB Audience campaigns are listed below
1. Requires business_management permission
If you encounter this error, then your app needs to undergo App review process. For more details on App review, visit here
2. Fail to create a new custom audience in Campaign Creation flow
Sometimes, you might not be able to create a new custom audience in step 2 of FB Audience Campaign Creation and would see this error.
One of the common reasons for this failure is that Custom Audience terms are not accepted (Permissions error) and hence FB doesn't let you create a custom audience. Excerpt from FB docs:
The API does not allow you to create or change Custom Audiences if the terms have not been accepted. If the contract is not signed, we trigger an errors when you try to create or edit a custom file Custom Audience
To make sure that the Permissions error is causing this issue, follow the below steps:
- Go to Developer Tools in your browser
- Open Network tab
- Click on Create Audience in Create new audience.
- You will be able to see the error as shown below
Once you have made sure that permissions error is causing the issue, follow the steps below to resolve the error:
- Go to this link. It will ask you to login if not already logged in.
- Update the correct Ad account ID in the URL
- Accept terms and conditions for the Ad account
- Fetch the new access token from App dashboard
- Go to MoEngage dashboard. Logout from Facebook in MoEngage Settings page and log in again with the new access token
- Try creating a new audience/ add new users to existing audience now.
If the problem persists, try these additional steps:
- Go to Facebook App dashboard, click on Add Product. Search for Facebook Login
- Select Facebook Login. Fill in the relevant details
- Add Facebook Login. This should get added on the left panel under Products
- Now go back to MoEngage dashboard and create a new audience/ add new users to existing audience