Twilio is now available as an integrated provider on the MoEngage dashboard. All you have to do is simply fill in the few fields in the MoEngage settings page, save and test it and you are good to go. For more details on how to use integrated SMS providers, refer to this link.
Below is a step-by-step explanation for setting up Twilio as your desired SMS provider on MoEngage. Before proceeding ahead, please make sure to keep the login credentials of your Twilio Account handy. You can also reach out to the MoEngage Customer Success team to get assistance on this.
- Go to Settings >> SMS & Connectors >> SMS Connector Config
- Select Twilio under Integrated Connectors.
- You will see the Twilio configuration page as shown below.
4. Next, in the pop-up enter the authentication details. You can find these details in your Twilio console once you log in to your Twilio account.
i. Username: This is the Twilio Account SID
ii. Password: This is the Twilio Auth Token
5. After entering the Twilio Account SID & Auth token, click on Save to save the authentication details. The authentication for Twilio is at the account level and you do not need to add this for each sender. However, for any reason, if you need to change the authentication parameters you can click on the gear icon next to Twilio and change the settings.
6. After saving the authentication details, you will see the updated Twilio configuration page with the option to add senders.
7. Enter the following details:
- Sender Name: Add any name to identify the Twilio sender
- Sender Type: Choose the correct sender type from the dropdown. We support sending via Longcode, Shorcode, Service plan ID, or Alphanumeric sender ID. Make sure that the sender type you choose is supported in the country/region in which you want to target your users with the SMS campaign. Also, the same sender type should be configured in your Twilio console. If not, then reach out to the Twilio team to get the necessary action done.
- Sender ID: This is the number from which SMS will be sent to your users. Make sure to add the number corresponding to the type you chose.
8. Do a test SMS to make sure everything is set up correctly. And finally, click Save to save the configuration.
Now you are good to proceed with SMS Campaign creation. For more information on the steps to create an SMS campaign, refer to this link.