Growth teams are always on top of the communication that they send to their customers. It is very important for them to know if they are sending too few or too many push notifications or emails.
You know the importance of push notifications in marketing. And you know how important it is that users get the notifications you send. So it’s super critical to keep an eye on the number of notifications received by them. The right number of notifications can boost engagement for your app, but too many of them can drive users to uninstall the app. You should analyze notification frequency on a regular basis to prevent this from happening.
Using MoEngage Analytics, you can easily find out how many of your users are receiving how many notifications. Here’s how:
- Go to Analytics > Behaviour.
- Select Notification Received Android as a user event.
- Select User Frequency from the ‘Plot For’ drop-down menu and click on Apply.
You can modify the Frequency Bucket based on your analysis and see how many users are receiving too many notifications or a specific number of notifications.
This histogram can also be plotted for iOS. Just replace the event with Notification Clicked iOS.
The ideal number of notifications to be sent to users varies with industry and also for the app content/services. Growth marketer would want to analyze:
- Users receiving more notifications and whether they are uninstalling.
- Users receiving fewer notifications and whether they are engaging enough.
- Users receiving an average number of notifications and whether they are converting.
With this analysis, you can take the necessary steps to control the number of notifications and optimize for these metrics and the overall user experience.
Similarly, you can analyze the frequency to answer other questions like:
- How many times do users open the app?
- How many users are repeat buyers?
- How many users open the app or buy too infrequently?
- What was the highest number of purchases per user for last month?
Try this out on MoEngage Analytics.