Five different access roles are assigned to your team members on MoEngage Dashboard. The access roles enable you to add your team members on MoEngage account and at the same time ensure different access restrictions are applied depending on member tasks.
The person who creates the app account is assigned the Admin role by default. The role has all permissions for the account
Changing account settings
Inviting team members
Admins are allowed to invite other users as Admin or Managers or Marketer and so on. Only admins are allowed to create or edit or delete new Teams.
For more information about team management, refer to Teams in MoEngage.
The person who will run marketing campaigns for live users, manage the account and all settings. This member has all permissions on the dashboard similar to Admin barring the permission to Create/Edit/Delete Teams. There can be multiple managers in one account. Manager can invite team-members at roles of Manager and belowMarketerThe person who will create the campaigns for live users has access to segmentation but cannot access billing info. With Campaign approval flow, marketer's campaigns will go live ONLY upon approval from the Manage or Admin.For more information, refer to Campaign Approval Flow.DeveloperThe person who will integrate your app/web with MoEngage. This member can access/test all features in the TEST environment but has restricted access in LIVE environment as follows
- Can only create campaigns and run segmentation queries for specifically added test users. For more information, refer to Test users.
- Can not view Billing details and can only add Developers to the account
- Can not view campaigns created by Admin/Manager team members
- Can not change Push FC and DND settings
The person who has access to view/export campaign data, user segmentation data and set up daily reports. This member can not create any campaigns or change any settings (except setting up Reports)
All role-based feature restrictions are applicable only in LIVE environment as there are actual users, events and campaign data in that environment. Team management and Billing permissions are different in the TEST and LIVE environments.
In TEST environment, all access roles (except Analyst) have permissions to run campaigns, change app settings and so on.
For more information, refer to TEST/LIVE environment.
To summarize Team Management and Billing permissions:
- can view and change Billing and invite other Admins or Manager or Developer or Analyst
- can manage permission of Manager/Developer/Analyst roles. Can create/manage teams.
- Managers cannot create or edit or delete teams but the rest permissions are similar to that of Admin.
- Marketer cannot view billing and cannot publish campaigns without approval if campaign approval flow is used. Can only invite or manage permissions for Marketers or Developers or Analysts.
- Developer cannot view Billing and only invite or manage permissions for other Developers
Analyst cannot view Billing and can not invite or manage any permissions
In case you are facing any issues, on the top navigation bar click on Need Help > Support or contact email@example.com.