The article covers the below mentioned features for Flows:
Note 1: Flows use the Frequency Capping and DND Settings set by Marketers on channel level i.e. Email messages sent via Flows will be controlled basis the FC & DND setting for Emails. Push messages sent via Flows will be controlled basis the FC & DND setting for Push and so on.
Note 2: All the Flows created by you till date ignore both FC and DND settings. You can open existing Flows and edit these settings; Once edited, they will be applied to all the messages sent thereafter.
Frequency Capping allows you to limit the number of messages sent to your users during a particular period of time. The limit is applied on a channel (push, email, connectors) level. You can read about the Channel Level FC in the links at end of the article.
In Flows you can access settings on Top right corner.
While creating Flows you can choose to:
- Turn ON Ignore FC - If Ignore FC is ON, it will ensure that all the channel level capping is ignored for the messages sent by the particular Flow.
- Count for FC - If the Ignore FC is ON then marketers can decide whether they want to count the channel message sent by particular Flow for FC. It is generally done to further control messages to be sent by other Flows/Campaigns.
- Turn OFF Ignore FC - If Ignore FC is OFF, all the channel level FC settings are applied to the Flow Messages.
- Turn ON Ignore DND - Having this setting as ON will ensure that Do Not Disturb (DND) settings are not applied for the messages sent by this Flow i.e. messages will be sent at all time.
- Turn OFF Ignore DND - Having this setting as ON will ensure that Do Not Disturb (DND) settings are applied for the messages sent by the particular Flow i.e. messages won't be send during DND time.
If you are using any of the FC or DND settings to restrict your messages, some of the eligible users may not receive the message. In that case, you have two options:
- To move the users to the next stage in Flow (even if message is not sent to them because of FC/DND)
- To remove the users from the Flow (if message is not sent to them because of FC/DND)
|FC is breached||Lies in DND Period||Result|
|Yes||Yes||Will retry sending the message once DND period is over. If not delivered then, user will be moved to next stage or exit journey as configured in Other Settings|
|Yes||No||Message will not be sent. User will be moved to next stage or exit journey as configured in Other Settings|
|No||Yes||Will retry sending the message once DND period is over. If not delivered then, user will be moved to next stage or exit journey as configured in Other Settings|
|No||No||Message will be sent and user will be moved to the next stage|
You can read about channel level FC in below mentioned links:
Note: This feature is currently in closed beta and hence is available only for few clients. If you wish to have access to this feature, please contact your Customer Success Manager.