Frequency Capping allows you to limit the number of messages sent to your users during a particular period of time. The limit is applied on a channel (push, email, connectors) level. You can read about the Channel Level FC in the links at the end of the article.
In Flows, you can access settings on Top right corner.
While creating Flows you can choose to:
- Turn ON Ignore FC - If Ignore FC is ON, it will ensure that all the channel level capping is ignored for the messages sent by the particular Flow.
- Count for FC - If the Ignore FC is ON then marketers can decide whether they want to count the channel message sent by particular Flow for FC. It is generally done to further control messages to be sent by other Flows/Campaigns.
- Turn OFF Ignore FC - If Ignore FC is OFF, all the channel level FC settings are applied to the Flow Messages.
Flows use the Frequency Capping and DND Settings set by Marketers on channel level i.e. Email messages sent via Flows will be controlled basis the FC & DND setting for Emails. Push messages sent via Flows will be controlled basis the FC & DND setting for Push and so on.
All the Flows created by default ignore both FC and DND settings. You can open existing Flows and edit these settings; Once edited, they will be applied to all the messages sent thereafter.
- Turn ON Ignore DND - Having this setting as ON will ensure that Do Not Disturb (DND) settings are not applied for the messages sent by this Flow i.e. messages will be sent at all time.
- Turn OFF Ignore DND - Having this setting as ON will ensure that Do Not Disturb (DND) settings are applied for the messages sent by the particular Flow i.e. messages won't be send during DND time.
Preference Management Settings
If you are using Preference Management settings to automatically exclude specific users from the campaigns, you can enable the flow setting to override the preference to include the opted-out users for delivering the flow action campaigns to them.
If you are using any of the FC or DND settings to restrict your messages, some of the eligible users may not receive the message. In that case, you have two options:
- To move the users to the next stage in Flow (even if the message is not sent to them because of FC/DND)
- To remove the users from the Flow (if the message is not sent to them because of FC/DND)
|FC is breached||Lies in DND Period||Result|
|Yes||Yes||The message is sent again after the DND period is over. If not delivered then, the user is moved to the next stage or exit Flow as configured in Other Settings.|
|Yes||No||The message will not be sent. User will be moved to the next stage or exit Flow as configured in Other Settings.|
|No||Yes||The message is sent again after the DND period is over. If not delivered then, the user is moved to the next stage or exit Flow as configured in Other Settings.|
|No||No||The message will be sent and the user is moved to the next stage.|
For more information about channel level, refer to Frequency capping.