Push messages are an effective way to engage with your audience and drive user actions. However, creating engaging Push messages can be a time-consuming and challenging task, especially when you have to research, analyze, and refine your content. This is where Merlin AI comes in - a cutting-edge tool that leverages Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) to generate high-quality written content for Push marketing campaigns
In this article, we will guide you through the process of generating Push messages using Merlin AI. By the end of this article, you'll be able to create engaging Push messages by only providing the context or the AI-enhanced copies of your manually written messages.
Merlin AI copywriter is available for Basic and Stylized Basic templates of Push notifications.
To access Merlin AI in the MoEngage dashboard, follow these steps:
- Log in to your MoEngage account.
- Click on the "Campaigns" tab on the left-hand side menu.
- Click on the "Create Campaign" button at the top right corner of the screen.
- Select any "Push" campaign type.
- Set up your basic campaign details in the first step of creating the campaign e.g. target audience, target platforms, etc.
- In the second step of 'Content', you will find a Merlin AI banner at the top
From here, You can generate new Push messages or create quick AI variants for A/B tests using Merlin AI copywriter.
This feature allows you to generate impactful Push messages by providing the campaign context only.
- On selecting the 'Create New' option, a prompt builder will open, enabling you to define your campaign intent and generate a relevant Push message.
- You must select the campaign use case to help Merlin AI learn the ultimate objective of your Push campaign.
- Additionally, you can provide more context by selecting the target audience, and intended message tone. You can also define a message style that can be inspired by trends, persona, pop-culture, or literature references, etc.
The high-performing keywords dropdown provides a sneak peek at the keywords that have performed well in the past. You can select up to three of these keywords to ensure that the generated messages include them. You can also type and select some new keywords to ensure their inclusion in the message.
Likewise, you can exclude historically low-performing keywords or specific keywords by selecting them in the "Exclude keywords" input.
You can re-generate messages up to 20 times in a campaign using Merlin AI. If needed, you can go back to previously generated messages by using the pagination button located at the bottom of the preview.
If you find a message that you like, click on "Select this" and the "Content" tab of the Push message will be automatically filled with the selected message.
For each input type, there are example dropdowns available that you can select directly. On the right side of the dropdown, you will see an example message related to that specific input option. This can help you visualize the type of messages that can be expected.
You can always select a custom value as input beyond the available options in the dropdown. Simply type the intended text and select it in custom placeholder values.
Create AI Variant
This feature allows you to generate a new version of your message copy that you can test against your manually created messages using A/B testing. Here's how you can use this feature:
To use this feature, you need to have at least one variant with a pre-defined message. The Quick A/B variant is generated by considering the reference of this pre-defined variant.
To begin, input your manually defined message. Once the Title and Message blocks are filled with your manual message, the "Create AI Variant" button will become enabled.
When you click on the "Create AI Variant" button, it will briefly move to the processing step to generate an AI copy variant.
Within seconds, a new variation will be created, and you will see the pre-filled AI variant of your previously defined content.
- If you are unsatisfied with this generated message, click on the 'Resume' button to open the prompt builder and select the 'Existing campaign variant' option. If you have multiple variations in this campaign, you can choose which variations you want to consider as reference for AI copy generation.
You can also provide additional contextual instructions, such as the target audience, impactful keywords, intended message tone, or even the message style.
Editing Generated Message
Sometimes you may need to edit generated messages with extra information. The use case may include adding your coupon code that Merlin AI may not know etc.
Once you like a generated message, click 'Select this' on Merlin AI prompt builder. This action will auto-fill the generated message in the 'Content' tab of the campaign. You make any intended change to the messages from the 'Content' tab.