Custom segments enable you to save user segment queries and provide a name for this query for ease of use. Now this custom segment can be used in multiple pages in the MoEngage dashboard instead of entering the entire query and creating the segment again.
Creating Custom Segment
In the MoEngage dashboard custom segments can be created in 3 ways -
- Navigate to Segment > Create Segment, after entering the query, enter the custom segment name and save the custom segment. In the Recent Query section for a selected query click on the 'Save Custom Segment' icon. Enter the custom segment name and save the custom segment. These sections create a dynamic custom segment. This is explained in the Create User Segments article.
- Custom segments can be created while importing users. The user in the segment remains fixed and hence this is a static custom segment. Click here to know more.
- Custom Segment can also be created from Funnel analysis and from RFM Segments. These sections create a dynamic custom segment. Click here to know more.
Using Custom Segment
In the MoEngage dashboard custom segments can be used in multiple different ways -
- Custom segments can be utilized to create a complex user segment. A custom segment can be used in creating user segments along with user properties and user activities.
A custom segment can be used while creating other custom segments, hence complex nesting of custom segments is allowed.
- Custom Segments can be used to create a target audience while creating a campaign for the different channels such as Push, Email, SMS, In-App, Facebook, Flows, etc.
Custom Segment Analysis
Users of a custom segment can be analyzed on the MoEngage Analytics pages - Behavior, Funnel, Retention, Session & Source, User Paths & RFM Segments. By default, all users are analyzed for the above-mentioned analysis. To analyze users of a specific custom segment, select the desired custom segment from the custom segment dropdown. Provide the other required parameter for the respective analysis and hit the 'Apply' button. This provides the desired analysis for a respective custom segment.
Navigate to Segment > Custom Segments, enter the custom segment name that you want to Archive, and search. For the selected custom segment click on the 'Archive Custom Segmengt' icon.
For custom segments -
- Archived custom segments are not available in the custom segments dropdown on the MoEngage dashboard. If an archived custom segment is used in the campaign, the campaign will run without any issues.
- Custom segments that have not run (query not executed) in the last 60 days are automatically marked archived.
- File Custom Segment that is marked archived, all of its users are removed from the file. Expired File Custom Segments return 0 users.
- Using Custom File segment API, you can mark an expiry time (archival time) for file custom segments.
- Custom segments can not have the same name, even if one of the segments is archived.
Navigate to Segment > Custom Segments, click on the 'Archived Segments' tab. Search the custom segment name that you want to unarchive from the list. For the selected custom segment click on the 'UNARCHIVE' button to unarchive the segment.