Custom segments enable you to save user segment queries and provide a name for this query for ease of use. Now this custom segment can be used in multiple pages in the MoEngage dashboard instead of entering the entire query and creating the segment again.
Creating Custom Segment
In MoEngage dashboard custom segments can be created in 3 ways -
- On Create Segments page after entering the query enter custom segment name and save the custom segment. In the Recent Query section for a selected query click on 'Save Custom Segment' icon. Enter the custom segment name and save the custom segment. These sections create a dynamic custom segment. This is explained in the 'Create User Segments' article.
- Custom segments can be created while importing users. The user in the segment remains fixed and hence this is a static custom segment. Click here to know more.
- Custom Segment can also be created from Funnel analysis and from Predictive Segmentation (RFM). These sections create a dynamic custom segment. Click here to know more.
Using Custom Segment
In MoEngage dashboard custom segments can be used in multiple different ways -
- Custom segment can be utilized to create a complex user segment. A custom segment can be used in creating user segments along with user properties and user activities.
A custom segment can be used while creating other custom segments, hence complex nesting of custom segments are allowed.
- Custom Segments can be used to create a target audience while creating a campaign.
Custom Segment Analysis
Users of a custom segment can be analyzed on the MoEngage Analytics pages - Behavior analysis, Funnel analysis, and Cohort analysis. By default all users are analyzed for user behavior analysis, funnel analysis or retention cohort analysis. To analyze users of a specific custom segment, select the desired custom segment from the custom segment dropdown. Provide the other required parameter for the respective analysis and hit the 'Apply' button. This provides the desired analysis for a respective custom segment.
Custom segment analysis in Behavior, Funnel, and Cohort pages is not available for custom segments that are created from Funnel Page, Predictive Segment Page, and Import User page. These custom segments will not be shown in the Custom segment dropdown of Behavior, Funnel, and Cohort pages.