The User Actions recommendations model utilizes user behavior to create rule-based personalized recommendations. These are effective when a strong intent is shown by users, such as abandoned carts, wishlists, and other behaviors indicating an interest in a specific product or service. User Action recommendations offer several benefits for businesses:
- Personalized engagement
- Precise targeting
- Re-engagement opportunities
Example Use Cases
- Recover lost sales with cart abandonment reminders.
- Get back-in-stock alerts and never miss out!
- Boost engagement with personalized campaigns from users' wishlists.
- Re-engage users with recently viewed items.
- Drive repeat business with gentle nudges.
Mapping user actions is mandatory for the User Actions recommendations model.
Creating User Action Recommendations
- Go to Content > Recommendations from the left navigation. The Recommendations page is displayed.
- Click Create recommendation.
- Select the User Actions model and click Next.
- In the Recommendation name field, enter a name for the recommendation.
- In the Recommendation description field, enter a description for the recommendation.
- In the Catalog drop-down list, select the relevant catalog from which you wish to retrieve these recommendations.
- Choose the relevant user actions based on your use case from the Item where user performed drop-down list and define the activity date range. For example, Added to wishlist performed in the last 7 days. You can also exclude certain types of interacted items.
- In the Sort the filtered items section, sort the recommendation results by any numeric attribute. For example, price.
- Click Save. A recommendation is created with an 'Active' state on the Recommendations page.
By leveraging specific user actions such as abandoned carts or wishlist items, businesses can re-engage users and drive conversions.