Content blocks allow marketers to re-use the same content across multiple campaigns. For example, a block might be a repeatedly used header, footer or designed call-to-action button.
With content blocks, marketers can
Create consistent campaigns using content blocks as headers, footers or any other asset
Create pre-defined assets that can be used across multiple campaigns irrespective of the channel and campaign type
Edit multiple campaigns at the same time by simply updating the content block
Steps to create a content block
1. Navigate to Content >> Content block in the sidebar
2. Click on Create content block on the top right corner
3. On the create content block page, provide the content block name. This name will be used to add the content block in a campaign, template, or another content block. It can contain alphabets, numbers, and underscores.
4. Add a description that clarifies what the content block is and where it should be used.
5. Add tags (you can use your existing campaign tags also) to add more context to the content block.
6. Select type as HTML or Text depending upon your use-cases. For example- For a coupon code (without styling) you can use a text type, while for an email header/footer you can use an HTML type.
HTML content blocks are supported in Emails and In-apps, while text-based content blocks are supported in all campaign channels.
7. Click Publish or Save as a draft.
Using content blocks
You can use your content blocks in two ways -
1. Selecting the desired content block while creating a campaign
a. While creating content, simply press "@"
b. A pop-up will open that will have two tabs - Personalisation and Content blocks. Navigate to Content blocks.
c. Select your desired content block from the drop-down.
You can also insert only the content of the content block. This means that only the content will be inserted while detaching itself from the existing content block and any future updates will not be reflected.
2. Directly insert the block label of your content block
a. Copy the Block label from your Content Block page.
b. Paste the Block label into the campaign/template/another content block.
Managing content blocks
You can manage all your content blocks by navigating to Content >> Content blocks
View content block
To preview a content block, click Actions >> View. View gives a summary of the selected content block - the thumbnail, created by, tags and the usage.
Update content block
If you want to update a content block, it will update all the campaigns, templates and other content blocks, where it has been used.
Nested content blocks
You can also nest content blocks. This means that you can use a content block A in another content block B.
If there is a cyclic loop, you will not be able to create or update a content block.
Deleting content blocks
A content block can only be deleted, if it is not used in any of the active campaigns.