Campaign tags allow you to add more context to your campaigns. Context can be descriptive names or campaigns themes such as on-boarding, retention, country, all users, etc. Once added, tags allow you to filter campaigns or identify behaviors of users who received these campaigns.
For example, if you are creating a campaign for discount on mobiles during a sale event, you can add tags - Discount, Diwali Sale, Mobile, India.
Additionally, you can also group tags into categories. Categories allows you to organise your labels. For example - During your annual sale, you want to send out multiple campaigns with the context of Electronics Sale, Home Decor Sale, etc. You can create a category Annual Sale and add tags for individual category verticals.
MoEngage provide two categories by default -
- Default - All the default tags provided by MoEngage will be under this category.
- Uncategorised -All your tags that are not added to any category will be present here.
Add tags to a campaign
Follow these steps to add tags to your campaign -
1. On step 1 of campaign creation, you will see an option "Tags"
2. The dropdown will show you a list of all your tags grouped by categories.
Note- MoEngage provides a few tags - onboarding, retention, promotional, incentive, ratings, all users as default.
Note - You can add upto 5 tags in any campaign.
3. Select a tag from the dropdown or create your own tags on the fly. To create a new tag, enter the tag name and press enter. A new tag will be created.
Note- All the newly created tags will be moved under the category Uncategorised.
Identify campaigns using tags
You can filter your campaigns using tags on the All Campaign Page.
When you click on tags, you will see two options -
1. Any of these - It means that you want to see campaigns that have any of the selected tags. For example- If you have selected Tag A and Tag B, "Any of these " will show the campaigns that have either of two tags.
2. All of these - It means that you want to see campaigns that have all the selected tags. For example- If you have selected Tag A and Tag B, "All of these" will show the campaigns that have both the tags- A and B of two tags.
Follow these steps to manage all your tags and categories -
1. Navigate to Settings >> General Settings >> Manage Tags.
2. Select "View by" to manage tags or categories.
Following actions are supported on tags -
A. Create Tag
1. Create a new tag by clicking on the "New Tag" button.
2. Enter the tag name and category.
Note- If the category is empty, the tags will be moved to Uncategorised.
B. Edit/Delete Tag
You are only allowed to edit the tag name or change tag categories. Click on the action button in the tag row. You can choose to edit/delete tags
C. Edit/Delete multiple tags
1. Select all the tags that you want to update.
2. You can choose to edit/delete selected tags on the top row.
D. Edit/Delete category
You are only allowed to edit the categories name. Click on the action button in the category row. You can choose to edit/delete a category.
If there are tags present in the category being deleted, you will have two options
1. Delete tags along with the category
2. Move the tags to a different category.
Analyse/Segment users based on tags
You can filter your users based on the tags. Use filter query for users who received a campaign with specific tags. These are available as a list of tags under the filter campaign tags.
How to segment users?
Consider the following scenario-
- There are two categories Country and Sale. Category Country has the tags India and US. Category Sale with tags Mobile and Apparels
- There are three push campaigns C1, C2 and C3. C1 has tags US, Mobiles. C2 has tags India, Apparels. C3 has tags India, Mobiles.
Now, you want to segment users who have clicked on any of the Mobile related campaigns. Then,1. Navigate to the Segments >> Create segment.
2. Select an event Notification clicked.
3. Use filter by Campaign Tags in the following Mobiles.
This will segment all users who have clicked on the notifications from campaign C1 and C2, irrespective of the country tag.
Read more about segments here.
Tags in Campaign Reports
All the campaign tags will be available in the campaign reports. The tags will be included with each "tag category" as a separate column in the report.
In the same scenario as above, the output report will have two additional columns - Tag category Country and Tag category Sale. Each column will have a list of selected tags for the particular campaign.
Note- You'll need to select Tags while creating your custom automated reports. Read more about Campaign reports here.