A control group is a set of users added to an exclusion list. These users will not receive the marketing campaign. You can measure the effectiveness of your campaigns by comparing this group with the target group of users who received your campaigns.
Types of control groups
MoEngage allows you to measure the performance of your campaigns by comparing them to the Control Group users. You can create 2 types of Control Groups:
Global Control Group
- It is created on your entire user base either by random allocation or uploading a user list.
- You can create only one Global Control per account.
- Read more about Global Control Groups here.
Campaign Control Group
- Campaign Control Group is created on the user base that qualifies for the campaign.
- You can add a campaign control group while creating a campaign.
- Read more about the campaign control group here.