This help article covers User Profile Testing for Login/Logout/User Attributes related information across Android, iOS and website platforms.
What we want to Validate
Ensuring if Login ID, Email, Phone and any other User Attributes are tracked correctly
How to do validation
- First we should get the app build for Android/iOS or Website after it is integrated with MoEngage SDK.
- Once we install the app build on our device or open the website, we should login with personal information like Email Address, Phone Number, Social Login etc. as per app/website design.
- Once login is successful, App/Website should capture data and your user profile will be created on MoEngage Dashboard.
- After successful login, we can search on the MoEngage segmentation dashboard using the Email, Phone or ID as tracked by app/website as below and if the user is created, the result will display the count as 1. User profile can be seen by clicking on the person icon as in below screenshot.
- We should be verifying ID, Email, Phone and other User Attributes are correctly mapped on MoEngage dashboard as in below screenshot. Few user attributes are tracked by MoEngage SDK as standard user attributes and they are shown under Tracked Standard Attribute.
- If any custom user attributes are tracked, these can be found as in below screenshot. In addition to standard user attributes which are not tracked by MoEngage SDK, these are shown under Tracked Custom Attribute.
- ID is one of the most important data point in MoEngage system. For any user, tracking user attributes are important but ID is compulsory one for any registered users. If ID is not specified for a user as unique then further user merging and profile management across Android, iOS, Web or any analytics system tracking will not be synchronised to single profile. If Login ID is set correctly on login of the app/website, the user profile will display as in below screenshot. Similarly, all other user attributes should be tracked. To fix Login ID related or user attributes issue, please check Android, iOS and Web docs.
- If app has a Logout feature and it is implemented correctly then on click of Logout button, it is tracked successfully and should display as in below screenshot along with platform name like Android, iOS or web. To fix Logout related issue, please check Android, iOS and Web docs.
Potential Issues and Solution
If Login ID, Email, Phone or any other user attributes are not correctly tracked in user profile which can lead to data corruption for Push, SMS, Email Channel communication along with performance statistics can be problematic. To fix User attributes related issue, please check Android, iOS and Web docs.