Your MoEngage account has two different environments - TEST and LIVE with a single APP ID (available under App Settings) used as a MoEngage identifier.
The MoEngage SDKs (Android, iOS, and Web) direct the user or event data:
- To the Test environment when the build is DEBUG
- To the Live environment when the build is RELEASE
When you integrate any application or web for the first time or update your application or web, you can test all new changes such as event tracking on the TEST environment, and update the app or release the web in the LIVE environment.
When you begin integrating any of MoEngage's SDKs, all your testing user/events data is seen in this environment - to enable you to test your integration and verify data before you go live or release your app/web.
You can switch between LIVE and TEST environments by selecting the environment on the top navigation bar.
Note: Besides Team Management, Billing and your Profile settings, all other settings are separate for TEST & LIVE environments and available in the sidebar.
Advantages of TEST environment -
- All added team members to the TEST environment have all feature permissions in the TEST environment - everyone can experiment with different scenarios
- All test data in the TEST environment is processed and reflected faster saving crucial time during initial integration and making debugging easier
- You can easily maintain and test different settings - Push FC, Smart Trigger DND, Uninstalls - for TEST & LIVE environments without any mutual impact
After you have completed integration and decide to release your app or take your website live, our mobile SDKs will detect the RELEASE build and send all live user/event data to this LIVE environment.
The LIVE environment has feature restrictions for different access roles to prevent any mistakes/changes by any of your team members that can impact live user data and campaigns such as:
- Developers have to specifically mark certain users as test users before they can create any campaigns or run any segmentation queries in the LIVE environment. Read more about Test users here.
- Also, Developers can not change Push FC and DND settings in the LIVE environment.
If you are facing any issues, contact email@example.com.