MoEngage provides you with a feature request system build directly into our product dashboard where you can suggest a feature. Each month, our product team and stakeholders will review the top 5-10 customer requests and respond to them personally. The ones that qualify will become part of our roadmap.
You can suggest a feature from two places on MoEngage Dashboard:
Need Help? menu present on top Side-bar widget
What should you write in Suggest a feature?
In order to get your requests into these prioritization meetings, make sure they are clearly written with details about what you’re trying to accomplish (Your use cases) , your current workaround (if you have one), what problems you’re having, and any other details that will help build a case for why this is an important request to you.
You will primarily see few status against every feature request that you have made. What each status means:
- Awaiting feedback: this is where your request will go while we gauge demand from our other customers
- Planned: this request is on our roadmap but we haven’t started on it yet
- Building: this request is currently under development
- Released: this request is complete. See status message on how to use it.
- Declined: this request wasn’t clear, already exists, or isn’t in alignment with where we’re taking our product. Please check the status message for more information.
Please feel free to write to us at: email@example.com if you have any questions about this process.