We have seen that this issue might occur(but not always), if you have migrated your Google project to Firebase, and you are using a Legacy key in MoEngage Dashboard. In this article, we will help you with getting the right server key for sending push notifications.
- Visit the Firebase Console.
- Select the project name that you are using to send push notifications.
- Click on Project settings, there is a settings icon, right to the overview. You will find it there.
- Under Project Settings, select Cloud Messaging. You will see 2 keys mentioned in there.
- The legacy server key is what you have used on MoEngage Dashboard and you are not able to send notifications.
- Copy the Server key, which is a longer one, and
- Navigate to MoEngage App > Settings > Channel > Push and update the GCM API server key.
- After you update the Server key and create a campaign on the dashboard, you should receive push notifications on your desktop/mobile.