Amplitude enables you to drive growth through robust product and behavioral analytics. Gain a thorough understanding of exactly what behaviors and traits are common among user segments to inform powerful targeting.
Amplitude <> MoEngage Integration
Enable deeper behavioral and product analysis with MoEngage and Amplitude. Gauge the efficacy of segmentation and experimentation on the customer experience through Amplitude and send personalized messages through MoEngage. Export behavioral cohorts directly from Amplitude to MoEngage or utilize Streams to export data from MoEngage to Amplitude.
Enabling Amplitude <> MoEngage Integration for your account.
- For enabling the cohort sync integration, please reach out to Amplitude and get this enabled for your account.
- Once you have the integration enabled for your Amplitude account, you will be able to configure MoEngage as a destination in Amplitude. See the below steps for setting this up.
- To enable the data export integration from MoEngage to Amplitude, please reach out to your moengage customer success manager or write to firstname.lastname@example.org with a few details mentioned in this section - Exporting Campaign Data from MoEngage to Amplitude
Setting up MoEngage as a destination on Amplitude
To setup MoEngage as a destination on Amplitude, follow the below steps:
Step 1: Login to Amplitude and Navigate to Sources and Destinations
Step 2: On the Sources & Destinations Page, go to Destinations and click on Add Destination -> MoEngage. On doing this, you will see a pop-up with the below details -
Step 3: Find MoEngage App Id and Secret Key on the MoEngage Dashboard. Login to your MoEngage Dashboard and navigate to Settings -> API Settings. Pick up the App ID and Secret Key as shown in the below image -
Step 4: The Attribute Mapping should be as below
- User Id - This will be the primary key to map a user between Amplitude and MoEngage. Please ensure that you are identifying users with the same unique user id in both Amplitude and MoEngage.
- moe_anonymous_id: This will be the secondary identifier that will be used to map users between Amplitude and MoEngage and will be essential to map the anonymous users between Amplitude and MoEngage. Please ensure that you are setting moe_anonymous_id as a user attribute in MoEngage and the attribute selection made on the Amplitude dashboard and moe_anonymous_id in MoEngage have the same value so that the mapping is possible.
Step 5: Complete the Destination Setup:
Once everything is configured on the Amplitude dashboard, click Save to add MoEngage as a destination.
Exporting Cohorts from Amplitude to MoEngage
To export specific behavioral cohorts from Amplitude to MoEngage, please follow the below steps:
Step 1: Open a cohort in Amplitude that you want to sync with MoEngage and Click "Sync To" -> Select MoEngage
Step 2: Once you select MoEngage, a pop-up will appear with the below options -
- One-Time Sync: This will only send the users under the cohort to MoEngage once and the cohort will not sync thereafter.
- Scheduled Sync: This option will ensure that the updated information of the cohorts like the new users who qualify for this cohort and the existing users who are removed from the cohort are sent to MoEngage every hour or day.
Using Cohorts in MoEngage Campaigns
After syncing is set up, you would be able to see the cohort as a custom segment in MoEngage like below -
The custom segment can be used in any MoEngage campaigns to send personalized messages to the users under this segment.
Exporting Campaign Data from MoEngage to Amplitude
Please send an email to your MoEngage Customer Success Manager or to email@example.com with the below details -
- Integration Name - Amplitude
- Amplitude API Key - This is available on your Amplitude Account -> Settings -> ProjectName -> General -> API Key as shown below -
- (Optional) Additional events or user attributes that you want to see with each event in Amplitude. By default, MoEngage will be sending the data points mentioned in the next section to Amplitude
Following data points will be sent by default to Amplitude:
|Event Name||Event Code||Type (Reference Only)||Channel||Description|
|Card Sent||n_c_s||Delivery||Cards||Tracked when a Card notification is sent to the user, doesn't indicate if the notification is delivered to the App Inbox|
|Delivery||Cards||Tracked when a Card is delivered to the App Inbox after the user has opened the Inbox|
|Delivery||Cards||Tracked when the user views a Card or scrolls down to it in the App Inbox|
|Interaction||Cards||Tracked when the user clicks the Card in the App Inbox|
|Connector Sent||MOE_CONNECTOR_SENT||Delivery||Connector||Tracked when a connector was sent successfully.|
|Email Sent||MOE_EMAIL_SENT||Delivery||Tracked when our system sends an email to a user.|
|Email Deferred||MOE_EMAIL_DEFERRED||Delivery||Tracked when the receiving server is unable to accept your request, email sending will be re-tried in this case|
|Email Delivered||MOE_EMAIL_DELIVERED||Delivery||Tracked when an email is delivered in an inbox|
|Email Dropped||MOE_EMAIL_DROP||Delivery||Tracked when a user opens an email.|
|Email Bounced||MOE_EMAIL_HARD_BOUNCE||Delivery||Tracked when a user clicks on any link in the email.|
|Email Soft Bounced||MOE_EMAIL_SOFT_BOUNCE||Delivery||Tracked when an email is dropped. Email is dropped, when it's part of the bounce list, the unsubscribe list or the spam report list.|
|Email Opened||MOE_EMAIL_OPEN||Interaction||Tracked when our system finds an email is soft bounced. Typically happens when there is a temporary delivery issue.|
|Email Clicked||MOE_EMAIL_CLICK||Interaction||Tracked when our system finds an email is hard bounced. Typically happens when an email address doesn't exist.|
|Email Unsubscribed||MOE_EMAIL_UNSUBSCRIBE||Interaction||Tracked when a user marks the email as spam.|
|Email Spam Complained||MOE_EMAIL_SPAM||Interaction||Tracked when a user unsubscribes from receiving emails.|
|In-App Shown Android||IN_APP_SHOWN||Interaction||In-App||Tracked when an In-App message is shown to the user on an Android device.|
|In-App Clicked Android||IN_APP_CLICKED||Interaction||In-App||Tracked when a user clicks In-App message on an Android device.|
|In-App Closed Android||IN_APP_CLOSE_CLICKED||Interaction||In-App||Tracked when a user dismisses an In-App message by clicking on the close button on an Android device.|
|In-App Shown iOS||iOS_IN_APP_SHOWN||Interaction||In-App||Tracked when an In-App message is shown to the user on an iOS device.|
|In-App Clicked iOS||iOS_IN_APP_CLICKED||Interaction||In-App||Tracked when a user clicks In-App message on an iOS device.|
|In-App Closed iOS||
|Interaction||In-App||Tracked when a user dismisses an In-App message by clicking on the close button on an iOS device.|
|Mobile In-App Shown||MOE_IN_APP_SHOWN||Interaction||In-App V3||Tracked when a user is shown an in-app version 3 campaign|
|Mobile In-App Clicked||MOE_IN_APP_CLICKED||Interaction||In-App V3||Tracked when a user clicks an in-app version 3 campaign|
|Mobile In-App Dismissed||MOE_IN_APP_DISMISSED||Interaction||In-App V3||Tracked when a user closes an in-app version 3 campaign|
|Notification Received Android||
|Delivery||Push||Tracked when a user receives a notification on an Android device.|
|Notification Clicked Android||
|Interaction||Push||Tracked when a user clicks notification on an Android device.|
|Notification Sent iOS||n_i_s||Delivery||Push||Tracked when a user receives a notification on an iOS device.|
|Notification Received iOS||
|Delivery||Push||Tracked when App in foreground and user receives the notification on iOS.|
|Notification Clicked iOS||
|Interaction||Push||Tracked when a user clicks notification on an iOS device.|
|Notification Received Web||
|Delivery||Push||Tracked when a user receives a notification on a browser.|
|Notification Clicked Web||
|Interaction||Push||Tracked when a user clicks notification on the browser.|
|On-site Message Shown||
|Interaction||On-site||Tracked when an on-site messaging campaign is shown to a user|
|On-site Message Clicked||
|Interaction||On-site||Tracked when an on-site messaging campaign is clicked by a user|
|On-site Message Closed||
|Interaction||On-site||Tracked when an on-site messaging campaign is closed by a user|
|Web Personalization Message Shown||
|Interaction||Web Personalization||Tracked when a web personalization campaign is shown to a user|
|Web Personalization Message Clicked||
|Interaction||Web Personalization||Tracked when a web personalization campaign is clicked by a user|
|Web Personalization Message Closed||
|Interaction||Web Personalization||Tracked when a web personalization campaign is closed by a user|
|SMS Sent||SMS_SENT||Delivery||SMS||Tracked when our system sends SMS to a user.|
|SMS Delivered||SMS_DELIVERED||Delivery||SMS||Tracked when our system receives a delivery receipt for the SMS sent to a user.|
|User Entered Flow||USER_ENTERED_FLOW||Delivery||Flows||Tracked when a user falls in the target audience and has qualified for the entry in the Flow.|
|User Exited Flow||USER_EXITED_FLOW||Delivery||Flows||Tracked when a user exits from a Stop Cell of the Flow.|
|User Added To Control Group||
|Delivery||All Campaigns||Tracked when a user is added to a control group|
|User Removed From Control Group||
|Delivery||All Campaigns||Tracked when a user is removed from a control group|
|User Removed From Campaign Due to Control Group||
|Delivery||All Campaigns||Tracked when au ser is removed from a campaign due to the user being a part of the control group|
Few things to note for the events that will be sent to Ampitude -
- Along with all events sent to Amplitude, uid will be present by default. This captures the value of the ID which is present in unique user profile in MoEngage. If present, this will be used to match a user in Amplitude basis the User Id present in Amplitude user profile.
- Along with all campaign events, campaign_id, campaign_name, campaign_type, campaign_channel will be present by default
- Along with all campaign events, if the attribute - moe_anonymous_id is present in the corresponding user profile for whom the event is tracked, this will be sent to Amplitude under device_id key.
- Events for users who do not have a unique user ID or moe_anonymous_id set for their user profile in MoEngage will be dropped by Amplitude
- For all email campaign events, email_id will be present by default as moe_email_id
- For all push campaign events, push_id will be present by default as moe_push_id
- For all sms campaign events, mobile number will be present by default as moe_mobile_number
- For all campaign events, if the campaign is a part of MoEngage Flows, there will be two additional attributes - parent_flow_id and parent_flow_name.
- For all campaigns which have multiple variations / locales, there will be additional attributes - variation_id, locale_id, locale_name
- All events will contain a moengage_user_id by default. This is a moengage internal user identifier and is populated with each event in MoEngage.
You can also see all the events sent by MoEngage in Amplitude by filtering basis $source = MOENGAGE
These events will be sent to Amplitude in near real time and will rely on the common user identifier between Amplitude and MoEngage for user identification. Please ensure that you are setting the same value for User Id in amplitude and Unique User Id in MoEngage.
Please refer the following MoEngage source specific documents for setting unique user id in MoEngage -