User Profile is a space where growth teams can view and analyze all the information related to their users. This article discusses all the information and capabilities in detail about the User Profile.
Accessing User Profile
Two ways to access User Profile on the MoEngage dashboard.
- Navigate to Create Segment in the MoEngage dashboard and search for the users by ID, Email, Mobile Number, or MoEngage Id. This search provides the list of users, matching the search text with the provided fields. Clicking on any of the rows will open the user profile.
- Navigate to Create Segment in the MoEngage dashboard. Segment users based on the desired criteria. Query results are shown in the Recent Query section, click on any of the circles in the Sample User section of a query result open up the user profile for the respective user.
The first section shows the introductory information about the user. This section has the First Name, Last Name, Email Id, Mobile Number, MoEngage ID, and Client ID of the user. It also shows if the user is registered or not.
All of there details of a user are categorized into two primary sections - User Info and User Activity.
The user info section consists of all the information about the user and user properties.
Basic information about the user which is derived by MoEngage is listed first in the User Info section, this consists of Lifecycle, Conversion, Acquisition, and Location information.
Reachability shows whether the user can be reached/connected through various channels like push, email, and SMS. The green tick mark on the Push card shows at least one platform or device on which this user is reachable. The red exclamation mark represents that the user is not reachable on the respective platform or channel.
All user attributes wrt the user are listed in this section. These are the attributes, which are present in the User Properties dropdown while segmenting the users. These user properties are grouped into respective categories. The 'mo' symbol in front of the user attributes represents that the respective user attributes are derived/generated by MoEngage.
You perform a quick search for any user property, hover over a user property & click on COPY button to copy the attribute value. Click on the Download button to download all user attribute in a CSV file.
The list of all user properties and related information can be found here in this article.
User activity shows all the events and event attributes, performed by the user, sorted by the event execution time. The default view shows the event list sorted in the Latest First order with the event attributes collapsed which enables the quick view.
User activity can be filtered on various parameters to analyze desired events and sections of the user profile. The filters are -
- Date Range Filters
- Platform Filters
- Event or Campaign Filters
These filters can be combined to have the desired view of the user profile.
User activity can be filtered for up to 5 events. Any event and respective attributes present in the account can be used to filter the user activity. This is very similar to filtering user activity present in segmentation.
Campaign activities for a user can be quickly filtered out using the Campaign filters and respective campaigns such as Email, Push, SMS, etc. or All Campaigns can be viewed. It filters out the respective campaign events performed by the user.
With the user activity page, there are multiple usability features that have been included. These features are explained below -
- The activity timeline can be sorted on Latest First or Oldest First Order. Your preference is saved on your device.
- Collapse all for a quick event list view and Expand all for detailed event attribute view. Your preference is saved on your device.
- View time difference between any two consecutive events
- Just below the event Event Source, Event Platform, and Event category are displayed
- Perform quick navigation by Goto Top and Goto Bottom buttons
- Easily copy any attribute value using the COPY button as it hovered over
- Open the campaign details page with a single click from the user campaign activity
- Dotted lined between two events represent the day change
- View Interstitial Events between any filtered events
- Download the filtered event and event attribute by clicking on the Download button.
MoEngage enables you to have a single user ID for all your users even if they are using different devices. The only condition for merging users in MoEngage is that the user has to be signed in on the device.
When a user visits your website or app MoEngage system does the following to merge the user signed in on different devices.
- MoEngageID is created for all users as soon as user visit your app or website. (Your app or website need to have MoEngage SDK).
- ID is set by your app or website to identify users.
If the ID is:
- Not created then the user is anonymous.
- Created then the user is identified.
User Merge Types
MoEngage provides two types of user merges:
Normal User Merge
When a user logs in and is identified as a previously registered user, the last 100 events prior to log in are also moved to the identified user MoEngageID.
Events performed before these 100 events continue to remain associated with anonymous user MoEngageID.
Normal User merging is available only in User Profile.
When the user visits the website or app for the first time with one device, then the user is called an anonymous user and a MoEngageID is set as MoEID-1 is for that user.
If the user logs in, then this user is an identified user, and an ID called U-1 is set for the user. All events on this device until the user logs out or uninstalls are attributed to MoEID-1.
|User 1 using Device 1||MoEngageID||ID|
|Anonymous User logs in||New user is registered and ID U-1 is provided by the website or app. This user ID U-1 is linked to MoEID-1.|
If the same user visits the same website or app with another device, then this user is still an anonymous user, as MoEngage does not know the identity of this user, and a new MoEngageID is set MoEID-2 is for the user.
If the user logs in, then the website or app notifies MoEngage that the user ID is U-1. Now the anonymous user is merged into the existing user identifier.
|User 1 using Device 2||MoEngageID||ID|
|Anonymous User logs in||User is identified as U-1 by the website or app. U1 is already linked to MoEID-1.|
Universal User Merge
In this approach we have all of the unidentified users mapped to identified users. When we run the query, all the unidentified users are resolved (replaced) with the identified users and we have the right query results.
MoEngage does not modify the data in universal user merge.
When the user visits the website or app for the first time with one device, then the user is called an anonymous user and a MoEngageID is set as MoEID-1 is for that user. If the user does not log in but accesses the website or app with another device then another MoEngageID is set as MoEID-2. When the user same user logs in then both MoEngage Ids are merged as one Id that is MoEID-1
|Old MoEngageID||New MoEngageID|
Universal User merging is available only for Key Metrics, Segmentation and Campaign queries.