User Profile is a space where growth teams can view and analyze all the information related to their users. This article discusses all the information and capabilities in detail about the User Profile.
Accessing User Profile
The User profile can be accessed from Segmentation Page. Navigate to Segment in the MoEngage app and search for the users. Query result will be shown in the Recent Query section, in front of the user count click on Show User Icon. On the Popup click on the respective user.
The first section shows the introductory information about the user. This section has the First Name, Last Name, Email Id, Mobile Number, MoEngage ID, and Client ID of the user. It also shows if the user is registered or not.
All of there details of a user is categorized into two primary sections - User Info and User Activity.
The user info section consists of all the information about the user and user properties.
Basic information about the user which is derived by MoEngage is listed first in the User Info section, this consists of Lifecycle, Conversion, Acquisition, and Location information.
Reachability shows whether the user can be reached/connected through various channels like push, email, and SMS. The green tick mark on the Push card shows at least one platform or device on which this user is reachable. The red exclamation mark represents that the user is not reachable on the respective platform or channel.
All user attributes wrt the user are listed in this section. These are the attributes, which are present in the User Properties dropdown while segmenting the users. These user properties are grouped into respective categories. The 'mo' symbol in front of the user attributes represents that the respective user attributes are derived/generated by MoEngage.
The list of all user properties and related information can be found here in this article.
User activity shows all the events and event attributes, performed by the user, sorted by the event execution time. The default view shows the event list sorted in the Latest First order with event attributed collapsed which enables the quick view.
User activity can be filtered on various parameters to analyze desired events and sections of the user profile. The filters are -
- Date Range Filters
- Platform Filters
- Event or Campaign Filters
These filters can be combined to have the desired view of the user profile.
User activity can be filtered for up to 5 events. Any event and respective attributes present in the account can be used to filter the user activity. This is very similar to filtering user activity present in segmentation.
Campaign activities for a user can be quickly filtered out using the Campaign filters and respective campaigns such as Email, Push, SMS, etc. or All Campaigns can be viewed. It filters out the respective campaign events performed by the user.
With the user activity page, there are multiple usability features that have been included. These features are explained below -
- The activity timeline can be sorted on Latest First or Oldest First Order.
- Collapse all for a quick event list view and Expand all for detailed event attribute view
- View time difference between any two consecutive events
- Just below the event Event Source, Event Platform, and Event category are displayed
- Perform quick navigation by Goto Top and Goto Bottom buttons
- Easily copy any attribute value using the COPY button as it hovered over
- Open the campaign details page with a single click from the user campaign activity
- Dotted lined between two events represent the day change
- View Interstitial Events between any filtered events
In the MoEngage Engagement module, a user who is coming from different devices is merged into one single user if the user login. User attribute ID is the user identifier provided by clients for user identification across devices.
- If an anonymous user (user where ID does not exist) logs in to an already identified user (existing user where ID exists) in MoEngage, the anonymous user is merged with the registered user.
- If the anonymous user logs in with a new identifier (another user with the same ID does not exist), there is no merging, the same anonymous user is simply updated with an ID attribute.
- All events, which are done within 30 mins prior to the login are also moved from anonymous users to registered users.