Currently, there are 5 different access roles that can be assigned to your team members on MoEngage Dashboard - Admin, Manager, Marketer, Developer & Analyst. These access roles enable you to add your team members on MoEngage account and at the same time ensure different access restrictions depending on member's tasks.
Access Role description
- Admin: The person who created the app account is assigned the Admin role by default. The role has all permissions for the account - creating campaigns, changing account settings, inviting team members, etc. Admins are allowed to invite other users as Admin/Manager/Marketer etc. Only admins are allowed to Create/Edit/Delete new Teams. Read more about Teams in MoEngage.
- Manager: The person who will run marketing campaigns for live users, manage the account and all settings. This member has all permissions on the dashboard similar to Admin barring the permission to Create/Edit/Delete Teams. There can be multiple managers in one account. Manager can invite team-members at roles of Manager and below
- Marketer: The person who will create the campaigns for live users, has access to segmentation but cannot access billing info. With Campaign approval flow, marketer's campaigns will go live ONLY upon approval from Manager/Admin. Read more about campaign approval flow.
- Developer: The person who will integrate your app/web with MoEngage. This member can access/test all features in the TEST environment but has restricted access in LIVE environment as follows
- Can only create campaigns and run segmentation queries for specifically added test users. Read more here about Test users
- Can't view Billing details and can only add Developers to the account
- Can't view campaigns created by Admin/Manager team members
- Can't change Push FC and DND settings
Except Team management and Billing permissions, all role-based feature restrictions are applicable only in LIVE environment since there are actual user/events and campaign data in that environment. In TEST environment, all access roles (except Analyst) have permissions to run campaigns, change app settings etc. Read more here about TEST/LIVE environment
To summarize Team Management and Billing permissions:
- Admin can view/change Billing and invite other Admins/Manager/Developer/Analyst can manage permission of Manager/Developer/Analyst roles. Can create/manage teams.
- Managers can't create/edit/delete teams, rest permissions are similar to that of Admin.
- Marketer can not view billing and can't publish campaigns without approval if campaign approval flow is used. Can only invite/manage permissions for Marketer/Developers/Analyst.
- Developer can not view Billing and only invite/manage permissions for other Developers
- Analyst can not view Billing and can not invite/manage any permissions
In case you are facing any issues, you can click "Contact Support" under "Need Help?" drop-down menu.