Currently, there are 4 different access roles that can be assigned to your team members on MoEngage Dashboard - Admin, Manager, Developer & Analyst. These access roles enable you to add your team on MoEngage account and at the same time ensure different permission restrictions depending on member's tasks.
Access Role description
- Admin: The person who created the app account is assigned the Admin role by default. There can only be one Admin for an account and has all permissions for the account - creating campaigns, changing account settings, inviting team etc.
- Note: Admin role can not be assigned to any other member. However, Admin's email address can be updated in the "Edit Profile" section under top right corner drop-down menu.
- Can only create campaigns and run segmentation queries for specifically added test users. Read more here about Test users
- Can't view Billing details and can only add Developers to the account
- Can't view campaigns created by Admin/Manager team members
- Can't change Push FC and DND settings
Except Team management and Billing permissions, all role-based feature restrictions are applicable only in LIVE environment since there are actual user/events and campaign data in that environment. In TEST environment, all access roles (except Analyst) have permissions to run campaigns, change app settings etc. Read more here about TEST/LIVE environment
To summarize Team Management and Billing permissions:
- Admin/Manager can view/change Billing and invite/manage permissions for Manager/Developer/Analyst
- Developer can not view Billing and only invite/manage permissions for other Developers
- Analyst can not view Billing and can not invite/manage any permissions
In case you are facing any issues, you can click "Contact Support" under "Need Help?" drop-down menu.