Card campaigns provide important information regarding how the campaign performed in terms of impressions/clicks/conversions. This information can help you to improve performance of your business metrics and bring more value to your business.
How Cards are loaded in Inbox
Before we proceed, let us understand how Cards are synced and loaded in the Inbox.
- Cards are stored in the MoEngage server
- Whenever user does "app open", SDK does a background sync with the MoEngage server and fetches all the eligible Cards for this particular user
- Once the user opens Inbox,
- SDK displays the set of Cards it has already fetched
- In parallel, it also tries to fetch any new Card(s) that might have become available post the last sync (on "app open")
- If new Cards are available, a "New updates" indicator is shown in the Inbox. If user clicks on the "New updates" indicator, more Cards are shown.
Once you successfully create a Card campaign, you will be automatically redirected to the campaign info page. Additionally, you can come to this page by clicking the campaign name from All Campaigns page.
You will get the following information on this page:
- Campaign Analytics
- Campaign Summary
- Option to edit/duplicate/pause campaign
- Option to show/hide card
Following metrics to be shown on to assess how the campaign has performed:
Lets understand these metrics in more detail:
Sent is tracked when the MoEngage server successfully sends the Card campaign for a user and the user may/may not have opened the App Inbox.
Delivered is tracked when the user has opened the App Inbox and the Card is delivered to their device inside the App Inbox
When the user views a Card in the Inbox, Impression is tracked. For the first few Cards that are present in the current view of Inbox, impression would be tracked as soon as Inbox is opened by the user and these Cards get loaded. For the other Cards that are present below these ones, impression would be tracked only when the user scrolls down to it.
Impression for a particular card is tracked once per session irrespective of how many times the user scrolls to it.
- Note: Sometimes, you might observe 2-3 extra Impressions. This happens because of a system limitation in Android where the system creates 2-3 extra rows for the Cards that have to be be shown immediately if the user scrolls. However, this has been observed only in some cases and does not happen frequently
Clicks are tracked when user clicks anywhere on the Card or clicks the CTA. The Cards that have not been clicked by the user will be shown with a small triangle on the right side, nudging the user to interact with those Cards.
If you have configured any conversion event in the step 3 of campaign creation, you can see how many users perform that conversion event within the attribution period from the time user clicked the card. Higher conversion events indicate that higher effectiveness of your campaign in driving the business goals.
Some points to be noted:
1. All the mentioned above are are unique counts.
2. These unique counts are maintained for a period of 72 hours.
- For eg. If user opened the Inbox 5 times in a day and a Card got delivered all those 5 times, then Delivered will not be 5. Same logic applies to Impressions, Clicks & Conversions. Despite of the number of times a user views or clicks a Card or performs the conversion event, these numbers will be tracked only once in the 72 hour window
- But lets say, after a week (post 72 hour window), the same Card again got delivered to the user Inbox then the delivered count will be incremented by 1 so on and so forth.
3. These counts are combined for both Android and iOS.
Note: If you have configured the Card dismiss option during SDK integration, the user can also dismiss a Card from the Inbox by long pressing. Upon long press, they will get an option to delete/dismiss the Card. If user performs this option for a Card, that Card will not be delivered to the same user again.
Below the Analytics section, you can see a brief summary of Card campaign to quickly understand whom you targeted, what message you sent and when it was sent.
It also allows you to check the message preview on both Android, iOS. In the preview section, you can hover over the Card or the CTA to see the action that you configured for this card.