A dashboard is a collection of charts, which provides an overview of the most important reports and metrics. Dashboards let you quickly monitor the health of your product and marketing efforts.
Custom Reports & KPIs which are important for product managers and marketers can be added to the desired dashboard. Multiple reports can be added to the same dashboard. Reports and charts in the dashboard are added from the Behavior, Funnels, and Retention section of Analytics.
MoEngage provides 2 types of Dashboards - Predefined Dashboards & Custom Dashboards.
These dashboards are defined by MoEngage and are present by default with all the accounts. The charts and reports in these dashboards have common filters of Platform and Date Range, modification in these filters reflects the change across the reports.
Default dashboard provided by MoEngage -
As the name suggests, these dashboards are custom-made by marketers and product managers. New custom dashboards can be created and multiple reports can be added to desired dashboards. These reports can have different time ranges, different granularities, and different chart types.
These dashboards do not contain filters of 'Platform' and 'Date Range' as each and every report is customized by the user.
Creating Custom Dashboards
A custom dashboard can be added in 2 different ways:
1. From the Navigation Side Bar - Click on the + Create New and then click Dashboard. Enter the desired name and hit Create. An account can have up to 10 Custom Dashboards and up to 10 charts in each dashboard.
2. From chart area of Behavior, Funnel, and Retention while adding charts to the custom dashboards. This is explained in the next section.
You can create up to 100 custom dashboards.
Click on the Dashboards button on the sidebar to access the list of all dashboards. Dashboards are categorized into MoEngage dashboards (predefined dashboards) & Custom Dashboards.
Sidebar Dashboard functionalities are explained below -
- Search - Find your dashboard using the search option in the sidebar.
- Pin Dashboard - Click on any of the Pins to pin the respective dashboard at the top of the list.
- Unpin Dashboard - Click on any of the Pins of the pinned dashboards to remove the respective dashboard from the top of the list.
- Both pinned and non-pinned custom dashboards are sorted alphabetically.
You can also quickly access the dashboard using the icon present in front of the dashboard name. Click on the icon and search for the desired dashboard.
Adding Charts to Dashboards
All the analyses performed on the Behavior, Funnels, and Retention sections of the MoEngage Analytics can be added to the custom dashboard in the form of reports & charts.
To add charts to the dashboard, click on the Save to Dashboard button on the chart section of the page. Provide a chart name and select the desired dashboard from the dropdown.
If required, new dashboards can also be added from here. Just select + Create New Dashboard from the dropdown and provide a new dashboard name. This will add a new dashboard and place the selected chart on the newly created dashboard.
You can add up to 20 charts to any custom dashboard.
New charts can be added to the custom dashboard while analyzing Retention, Behaviour, and Funnels. These pages can be accessed directly from the dashboard button + Add Chart or clicking on individual buttons Funnel Chart, Retention chart, and Behaviour Chart when there is no chart present on the dashboard.
A custom dashboard can be renamed easily by clicking on the dashboard name. Provide the new name and tab out.
Refresh Dashboard Chart
All charts of a custom dashboard can be refreshed by clicking on the 'Refresh all' option present in the 3 dot button. All charts will get refreshed with this action and will have the latest data available.
A Custom dashboard can be easily shared with peers via a link. Click on the 'Copy dashboard link' option present in the 3 dot button. This link can only be accessed by people who have access to the MoEngage dashboard with the respective account.
A Custom dashboard can be deleted by clicking the 'Delete dashboard' option present in the 3 dot button. After confirming the deletion, the dashboard will be deleted.
The info icon next to the chart's name displays the chart description when hovered over.
All the charts on the dashboard will be refreshed as soon as it's opened and the results will be saved till the end of the day. An individual chart can be refreshed to get a fresh analysis. Clicking on the refresh button, the dashboard re-runs the chart queries and plot the latest data available for the analysis. The text, next to the refresh button displays the time passed since the last refresh.
Share Chart Analysis
An individual chart can be shared with any MoEngage dashboard user who is using the same account. Click on 'Copy link' to get chart the link copied in the clipboard, this link can be shared across. Click on 'Email link' to open the default email client and from the email client sent this link to the desired people.
An individual chart can be downloaded in CSV and PNG format by clicking on the 'Download CSV' and 'Download PNG' buttons respectively.
An individual chart can be deleted from the respective dashboard. Click on the 'Delete' button and confirm the same.
Chart KPIs & Display Modes
Dashboard charts may have KPIs. These KPIs provide comprehensive information about the charts. KPIs represent data that is available in charts such as data points of a specific day or week, an average of all data points, and percentage change with respect to the previous and first data points. This can be easily understood by reading the legends below the KPI. Click here to know the KPIs in detail.
An individual chart can have 3 different display modes if KPIs are available for a chart.
- Chart - In this mode, only a chart is shown. This is the default mode when there is no KPI available for a chart.
- KPI - In this mode, only KPIs are shown.
- Chart + KPI - In this mode, both the chart and KPIs are shown. This is the default display mode when KPIs are available for a chart.
Resize and Rearrange Chart
Charts can be resized into 2 states, Half-width and Full-width, by clicking on the Expand/Collapse button on the header of the chart.
Charts position can be changed by dragging the chart by the chart header bar and dropping it onto the desired dashboard position. When the mouse pointer hovers over the chart head, the pointer icon changes to grab the header.
The Edit chart is the most useful functionality of the dashboard. This can be used to modify chart reports or just to slightly tweak the query parameters for the desired analysis.
To edit any chart report click on the chart area or click on the 'View / Edit' button inside the 3 dot menu of the chart. Edit chart functionality opens the respective Behavior, Funnel, or Retention page and it preloads all the analysis parameters.
Functionalities for this page are listed below -
- Modify the chart name and chart description.
- Change query parameters (events and filters) and save the analysis.
- Save the same or modify the analysis to another dashboard using 'Save as'.
- Move chart analysis from one dashboard to another dashboard.
- Share the analysis using 'Copy link' or 'Email link'
Subscribe to Dashboards
- Subscribing to a dashboard enables you to receive a snapshot of the subscribed dashboard as an email.
- Share custom dashboards with users within your organization and outside using dashboard subscriptions.
- Setup the frequency to receive the Email Reports for the selected dashboard.
Dashboard Subscriptions is in Beta and only enabled for select users, please get in touch with your CSM to enable it on your dashboard.
Create a subscription for the dashboard at-least three hours before you wish to receive the email reports.
Subscribe to a Custom dashboard
You can subscribe to a dashboard by
1. Open Subscribe to Dashboard Popup
- Navigate to MoEngage Dashboard > Settings > Dashboard Subscriptions > Create/Manage Subscriptions > Create Subscription
- Click on the top left-hand side of the dashboard you wish to subscribe to and then click Subscribe to the Dashboard.
- The Subscribe to the Dashboard window is displayed.
2. In the Subscribe to the Dashboard window, do the following:
- Select the dashboard for which you wish to receive scheduled reports.
- Type or paste the email address to which the email report is to be sent -
- A list of recipients is added as a comma-separated list
- Up to a maximum of fifty email recipients can be added to each subscription
- For non-registered users, the email domain needs to be whitelisted. For more information, refer to Manage Subscription Domain Whitelisting.
- In the Frequency of sending reports, do the following to send the dashboard report at a specific time and date:
Field Description Daily Weekly or Monthly Select from the drop-down the frequency at which the dashboard report is sent Sunday or Monday or Tuesday or Wednesday or Thursday or Friday or Saturday Select from the drop-down the day on which you wish to send the dashboard report. Time Use the arrows or type the time at which you wish to send the dashboard report. am or pm Click am or pm to set the time.
3. Click Subscribe to create a subscription, or Click Cancel or Close.
To manage existing subscriptions:
- Navigate to Settings > Dashboard Subscriptions.
The list of all subscriptions to the dashboards is displayed.
- Search for the subscriptions by emails or dashboard names.
- View the list of subscribers and unsubscribers by expanding the subscription
Edit or Delete New Subscription
To edit or delete existing subscriptions, click to edit or delete the subscription.
To unsubscribe, either click on the unsubscribe link embedded in the email or navigate to Settings > Dashboard Subscriptions > Subscription name > Edit and remove the email ID from the subscription.
Subscription Access and Permissions
The following table describes the roles and permissions for managing subscriptions.
For more information about roles and permissions, refer to Access Roles.
|Action for managing subscription||Role and Access|
All user roles having access to the Dashboard can create subscriptions.
|Edit or Delete Subscription||
|Add Users to the Subscription List||
Manage Subscription Domain Whitelisting
Domain whitelisting helps protect the confidentiality of data. Administrators and Managers can whitelist domains that are used to subscribe to the dashboards.
To whitelist a domain:
- Navigate to Settings > Dashboard Subscriptions > Create/Manage > Manage Domain Whitelist
- In Select email domain names to whitelist, type or paste the domains you want to whitelist. For example, abc.com.
- Click Update to whitelist the domain names.
Click Cancel or Close to close the window without adding or updating the domain names.
- You can whitelist up to 5 domains.