A dashboard is a collection of charts, which provides an overview of the most important reports and metrics. Dashboards let you quickly monitor the health of your product and marketing efforts.
Custom Reports & KPIs which are important for product managers and marketers can be added to the desired dashboard. Multiple reports can be added to the same dashboard. Reports and charts in the dashboard are added from Behaviour, Funnels and Cohort section of Analytics.
MoEngage provides 2 types of Dashboards - Predefined Dashboards & Custom Dashboards.
These dashboards are defined by MoEngage and are present by default with all the accounts. The charts and reports in these dashboards have common filters of Platform and Date Range, modification in these filters reflects the change across the reports. These reports have predefined granularity set at Day level and chart type set to the line-chart.
Key Metrics is the default dashboard provided by MoEngage.
As the name suggests, these dashboards are custom made by marketers and product managers. New custom dashboards can be created and multiple reports can be added to desired dashboards. These reports can have different time ranges, different granularities, and different chart types.
These dashboards do not contain filters of 'Platform' and 'Date Range' as each and every report is customized by the user.
Creating Custom Dashboards
A custom dashboard can be added in 2 different ways:
1. From the Navigation Side Bar - Click on the Dashboard and then click on + Create Dashboard. Enter the desired name and hit Create. An account can have up to 10 Custom Dashboards and up to 10 charts in each dashboard.
2. From chart area of Behavior, Funnel, and Cohort while adding charts to the custom dashboards. This is explained in the next section.
Adding Charts to Dashboards
All the analyses performed on Behavior, Funnels and Cohort sections of the MoEngage Analytics can be added to custom dashboard in the form of reports & charts.
To add charts to the dashboard, click on the Save to Dashboard button on the chart section of the page. Provide a chart name and select the desired dashboard from the dropdown.
If required, new dashboards can also be added from here. Just select + Create New Dashboard from the dropdown and provide a new dashboard name. This will add a new dashboard and place the selected chart to the newly created dashboard.
1. Add Charts - New charts can be added to the custom dashboard while analyzing Cohort, Behaviour, and Funnels. These pages can be accessed directly from the dashboard button + Add Chart or clicking on individual buttons Funnel Chart, Cohort chart and Behaviour Chart when there is no chart present on the dashboard.
2. Rename - A custom dashboard can be renamed by clicking the Edit icon next to the dashboard name. Provide the new name and hit the check mark.
3. Delete - A Custom dashboard can be deleted by clicking the Delete/Trashcan button next to the dashboard name. After confirming the deletion, the dashboard will be deleted.
1. Resize - Charts can be resized into 2 states, Half-width and Full-width, by clicking on the Expand/Collapse button on the header of the chart.
2. Rearrange - Charts position can be changed by dragging the chart by the chart header bar and dropping it onto the desired dashboard position. When the mouse pointer hovers over the chart head, the pointer icon changes to grab the header.
3. Delete - Charts can be deleted from the dashboard by clicking the Delete/Trashcan icon on the header bar of the chart.
4. Report & Chart names cannot be edited currently. This functionality will be added in the upcoming releases.
All the charts and reports on the dashboard will be refreshed as soon as it's opened and the results will be saved till the end of the day. The charts and reports will be refreshed again with the first visit of the next day.