Only enabled for the North America region.
For more information, reach out to email@example.com.
MoEngage On-site Messaging now provides an SMS Sign-Up template to enable you to request consent from your users to receive the SMS notifications. For more information on compliance for the North America region, refer to SMS for North America Region.
MoEngage provides two templates for the SMS Sign-Up.
- Fullscreen - SMS Sign-up with image
- Popup - SMS Sign-up without image
Ensure that you are aware of the SMS compliance for the North American region. For more information, refer to SMS Regulations in the US.
Create SMS Sign-Up Campaign
- Select one of the SMS Sign-Up Templates during On-site Messaging Campaign Creation.
- Configure the On-site Messaging campaigns as described in Create On-site Messaging Campaign.
Fullscreen - SMS Sign-up with image and Popup - SMS Sign-up without image
- Configure for Web and Mobile as needed.
- Configure the button, image, and text as needed.
- Configure the legal text. MoEngage provides the following text by default.
By signing up for text messages, you agree to receive recurring automated promotional and personalized text messages (cart reminders) at the phone number provided. Consent is not a condition to purchase. Msg & data rates may apply. Msg frequency varies. Reply HELP for help and STOP to cancel.
- Configure the Terms of Service according to your needs.
Do the following when templates are used for desktop or web usage:
- Provide a valid mobile number
- Click on the button to confirm the subscription to receive notifications.
Do the following when templates are used for mobile usage:
Configure the button to receive consent by adding the following in the URL of the Action field of the button:
|sms||Provide the mobile number used to receive consent and subscribe for notification.|
|body||Add the Opt-In keyword.
For more information about keywords, refer to Configure Subscription & Keywords.
Where to see the captured data?
You can see the saved input in MoEngage user attributes. MoEngage uses the event MOE_RESPONSE_SUBMITTED whenever a submission happens using an SMS Sign-up on-site messaging.
The User Profile displays the attribute and the attribute status.