Frequency capping allows you to limit the number of times the SMS will be sent to a user during a time period.
Enable Frequency Capping
To enable Frequency Capping, navigate to Settings-> SMS & Connectors ->FC & DND and do the following:
- To enable FC for Connectors, navigate to the Connector Frequency Capping section, and to enable it for SMS, navigate to the Connector Frequency Capping section.
- Turn on Frequency Capping using the Frequency Capping toggle.
- Enter the number of connector requests that can be sent to a user in a given time frame. Set the value to the desired number as per your communication policy. For example, you can specify that a maximum of two messages can be sent to a user in 3 days.
- Turn on the Refresh Frequency Capping Toggle to refresh the FC limits at either the App TimeZone or the User TimeZone. For example, if you set the Frequency Cap as 2 in one day, you can send a maximum of two messages (combined total for scheduled as well as a triggered delay) within a day. These SMS will be sent on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Click Save.
Do Not Disturb (DND)
An Event Trigger SMS or Connector campaign is sent when a user does (or does not do) a defined action in a defined time (for example, "Added a product to cart" but "Not Purchased"). Some of these SMS or Connector notifications are triggered at odd hours (for example, if the user added a product at 10:00 pm, and the message is set to be triggered two hours from the event, it will be sent at midnight). The DND feature allows you to configure idle hours during which your customers should not receive Event Trigger SMS/ Connector notifications.
To set up DND, navigate to the MoEngage Dashboard -> Settings -> Channel -> SMS & Connector and do the following:
- Navigate to the FC & DND tab.
- In the Event Triggered SMS & Connectors section, turn on DND by enabling the toggle.
- The following options are available here:
Field Description Set DND Period
This field lets you specify the time interval for which you wish to not send the triggered SMS/Connector notifications.
Note: The DND time intervals are applicable for the user based on their respective time zone (fetched from the device). If the device timezone data is unavailable, DND is applicable according to the app timezone. You can find the app timezone in the following navigation in the MoEngage Dashboard: Settings -> App -> General -> General Settings -> Account Settings. In the rare case where the App timezone is not available as well, DND will be applicable as per GMT. For more information, refer to DND for Triggered Campaigns.
For the messages generated during the DND period
This field lets you select what needs to be done with messages that are generated during the DND window. You can choose either of the following:
- Discard these messages and do not send them later
- Save these messages and send them after DND period is over
Save and Send Criteria
This option is available when you choose Save these messages and send them after DND period is over. You can choose one of the following:
- Send all the queued messages - this option sends all the messages that were queued in the DND window.
- Send only one message from each campaign - this option sends only one message from each campaign.
- Send only one message across SMS/Connectors Campaigns - this option sends only one message in total. The message that gets sent is decided based on the selection for the Order in which queued messages should be sent field.
The message(s) that gets sent is decided based on the selection for the Order in which queued messages should be sent field (either LIFO or FIFO). You can also choose if all the messages get sent at once or if they should be sent with a time gap in the Control queued messages sending section. For more information, refer to the rows below.
Order in which queued messages should be sent
This section helps you specify the order in which the messages are sent to the user. You can choose one of the following:
- Send most recent message first (Last in first out) - If all the queued messages are sent to the customer, the message that was queued last would be sent first, and so on. If only one message from a campaign is being sent, the last queued message from a given campaign would be sent. For example, if a campaign had two messages, the most recent message would be sent, and the earlier message would be discarded. If only one message is being sent in total, the most recent message alone would be sent.
- Send least recent message first (First in first out) - If all the queued messages are sent to the customer, the message that was queued first would be sent first, and so on. If only one message from a campaign is being sent, the earliest queued message from a given campaign would be sent. For example, if a campaign had two messages, the first message would be sent, and the last one would be discarded. If only one message is being sent in total, the first message in the queue alone would be sent.
Control queued messages sending
This section gets enabled only when the Send all the queued messages or the Send only one message from each campaign option is chosen in the Save and Send Criteria. You can choose one of the following here:
- Send all messages at once - this option will send all the messages queued in the DND window at the same time.
- Send messages at a gap of 'n' mins - this option will send the messages within a time gap of 'n' minutes from one another. You can specify the value of 'n' in the textbox.
Note: DND is applicable to the campaigns created inside a MoEngage Flow as well. For more information, refer to Flows Frequency Capping.
- Click Save to save the DND configuration.