Configure Kaleyra on MoEngage dashboard
Use this setup to set Kaleyra as an integrated SMS provider if you are planning to send SMS in India via Kaleyra. For other regions, configure Kaleyra as a Custom connector.
Ensure that you have the login credentials that is the API secret for the SMS Kaleyra Account.
If you have any issues with the credentials or if you do not have the credentials, contact Kaleyra support.
- On the MoEngage Dashboard, navigate to Settings > Channel > SMS & Connector and click SMS Connector Config tab.
- In Integrated Connectors, click Kaleyra.
- Fill in the following details:
Field Description Sender Type Select either Transactional or Promotional to define the type of SMS sent.
Type the name to identify the Kaleyra sender.
Type the sender ID identifying the Kaleyra as the SMS provider.
If you are sending SMS to Indian mobile numbers
- In the Sender ID field, ensure that you add the Header ID approved under the DLT platform. More details on DLT are captured here.
- If you will try to send SMS via an unregistered header, your SMS will be rejected and will not be delivered to the end-users.
Type the API secret used to authenticate the Kaleyra account.
- In the Is Default Sender, select Yes to make this Kaleyra sender the default SMS sender.
- Send a quick test SMS to make sure that your configurations are working fine. To do this, click on the Send SMS to Test button. Add:
- Mobile number with country code. Make sure that your account is eligible to send SMS in that particular country
- Add the test message. If you are sending SMS in India, make sure that the message content is in-line with the approved DLT template. More details are captured here.
- If you are trying to test a Promotional SMS and the test number has DND activated, the message might not be delivered. In such cases, test with a number not in DND list.
- Click Save to save the Kaleyra settings.
Delivery receipts will be automatically tracked by MoEngage. We pass the delivery callback URL in the API call to Kaleyra. You don't have to do any additional configuration for tracking the SMS delivery via Kaleyra.
Please note that the delivery tracking will not be available for Promotional SMS, as per the new DLT regulations.