Configure Gupshup on MoEngage dashboard
Ensure that you have the login credentials such as UserId and Password for the SMS Gupshup Account.
If you have any issues with the credentials or if you do not have the credentials, contact Gupshup support.
- On the MoEngage Dashboard, navigate to Settings > Channel > SMS & Connector and click SMS Connector Config tab.
- In Integrated Connectors, click SMS Gupshup.
- Fill in the following details:
Field Description Sender Type Select either Transactional or Promotional to define the type of SMS sent.
Type the name to identify the Gupshup sender.
Type the sender ID identifying the Gupshup as the SMS provider.
If you are sending SMS to Indian mobile numbers
- In the Sender ID field, ensure that you add the Header ID approved under the DLT platform. More details on DLT are captured here.
- If you will try to send SMS via an unregistered header, your SMS will be rejected and will not be delivered to the end-users.
Type the user name used to log in to the Gupshup account.
Type the password used to log in to the Gupshup account.
- In the Is Default Sender, select Yes to make Gupshup the default SMS sender.
- In Check Balance, click Send SMS to Test to verify SMS delivery from Gupshup.
- Click Save to save the Gupshup settings.
To enable SMS delivery tracking,
- Login to Gupshup Portal
- Navigate to Settings -> SMS Settings
- Use the MoEngage Delivery Tracking URL https://api-01.moengage.com/sms/dlr/gupshup and paste it under Real-Time Delivery URL in Gupshup portal for the Transactional SMS Account.
According to the latest DLT guidelines, delivery tracking for Promotional SMS is no more provided.
The delivery tracking URL should be set as a GET request on Gupshup, contact your Gupshup account manager for setting it as a GET request.