Our customers can make use of our MI Push feature in their application by configuring their respective accounts in the MoEngage Dashboard as described here.
Once configured and enabled, please follow the instructions listed below to verify if Xiaomi Push is working as expected.
Pre-conditions for testing Xiaomi Push
The device should be a Xiaomi device and should have MiUI available on it(Android One and Android Go devices excluded).
Steps to be carried out to verify Xiaomi Push
- Create a campaign on the Moengage Dashboard by selecting the environment i.e TEST/LIVE on the basis of the android build.
- Click on Engage -> Campaigns-> Create Campaign-> Push -> <Pick any of the campaign types like One-time, periodic, and so on> You can read more about Push Campaign types here General-Push-Campaign.
- Create a campaign
On the "Target users" step, navigate to the "Target Platforms" section. When you select "Android", the option for "Send this campaign using Push Amp+" will automatically appear. Select this Push Amp+ check box. Continue filling in other campaign details on this page. If you need help creating the campaign, please refer to this article. Click "Next" to go to the "Content" page.
- On the Content page, enter the details the visual details of the push campaign
- Click on the "Test" button to target your device by selecting any of the mentioned attributes (like Unique ID, Email ID, etc) to identify or target your device. Please ensure that the chosen property value is set for your user in MoEngage before you use them to test the campaign. Note: If you are testing Push Amp+ notification using the device push token option, please make sure that the token used for testing should be an FCM token and not Mi Push Token.
- Once the push is received by the app on your mobile, click on the Push Notification received. After that, return to the MoEngage dashboard and click on the "User ID" as shown below.
- You will see an event named Notification Clicked Android.
Note: The event might take some time to be available in the dashboard, please refresh the profile if required.
To identify push is delivered via PushAmp+, click on the event Notification Clicked Android as shown below and check for the source key with the value PushAmp+ . This confirms Push is sent via Pushamp+.
If the source Key is not visible, please refer to the document here to ensure that the integration is done right. Also kindly be aware of the current limitations of Xiaomi Push.
In case you encounter any issues while testing Xiaomi Push using the above steps please feel free to contact us at email@example.com. Also, please add the link to this article in your query.