Our customers can make use of our MI Push feature in their application by configuring respective account in Moengage dashboard as mentioned in the instructions here
Once configured and enabled please follow the instructions as listed below to verify if Xiaomi Push is enabled and working as expected or not
Pre-conditions for testing Xiaomi Push
The device should be a Xiaomi device and should have MiUI available on it(Android One and Android Go devices excluded).
Steps to be carried out to verify Xiaomi Push
Create a campaign on Moengage dashboard by selecting the environment i.e TEST/LIVE on the basis of the android build.
2. Click on Engage->Campaigns-> Create Campaign->Push Campaign
3. Create a general campaign
Go to Segmentation > Select Platform Android > As soon as you do that, you will see the option to choose whether to send the campaign using Push Amp+. Please refer How to create a General-Push-Campaign, if you are not aware how to create campaign. Please refer the below screenshots too.
4. Click on the TEST CAMPAIGN button to target your device by selecting any of the below attribute to identify you user for testing as shown below -
The identifier could be any device identifier (like Google Advertising Id, push_id) or any user identifier like ID, Email Id, Mobile Number etc. Please ensure that the properties are set for your user in MoEngage before you use these for test campaign.
Note: If you are testing Push Amp+ notification using device push token,Please make sure token used for testing should be of FCM and not Mi Push Token.
5. Once push is received by the app, click on the Notification and after that, click on user as mentioned below and wait for some time. Refresh the profile, you will receive the event named as Notification Clicked Android.
6. To identify push is delivered via push amp plus, click on the event Notification Clicked Android as shown below and check for source key with value as pushAmpPlus . This confirms Push is sent via Push Amp Plus.
If source Key is not visible, please refer the documentation to verify that integration steps are completed as per the instructions .
Also kindly be aware of the current limitations of Xiaomi Push.
In case you encounter any issue while testing using the above steps please raise a ticket with us ( please keep this article as a reference in your ticket description ) by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org