MoEngage On-site Messaging now allows you to capture the leads from your website visitors. You could choose to capture the Email Id, Mobile Number or any other preferences and save it in your moengage user profiles for re-targeting.
Popular Use-cases with the Lead Gen Template
Below are a few popular use-cases for using the Lead Gen Templates -
- Capture Email Address of website visitors so that you can re-target them via Emails later.
- Capture Mobile Number of website visitors so that you can re-target them with SMS later.
- Capture Name of the user to personalize the communication to the user.
- Capture user interest related to choice of brands, products etc.
Create Lead Gen Campaign
Lead Gen Template is a special template available in MoEngage On-site Messaging Campaigns. To create a Lead Gen Campaign in MoEngage, follow the below steps -
- Select the Lead Gen Template during On-site Messaging Campaign Creation.
- Configure the On-site Messaging campaigns as per the docs here.
- Map the input from the Lead Gen Template to user attributes: On the step-2 of campaign creation, click on the input widget of the template and then actions to configure the user attribute where this input will be saved.
- If one out of the two input widgets is not required, you could also hide the input widget as shown below -
Where to see the captured data?
Once the Lead Gen Template is shown to your users and they submit the form as shown below, the data is tracked and saved in MoEngage automatically.
You can see the saved input in MoEngage user attributes. We also track an event - MOE_RESPONSE_SUBMITTED whenever a submission happens via a Lead Gen Template. This data is visible in the user profile as shown below -