MoEngage Flows is a series of Cross-channel (across the channels viz. Email, Push, SMS etc.) Lifecycle campaigns to be sent to your customers basis their actions/in-actions on your app/website.
Marketers who started using Flows came back to us with an interesting problem. They wanted to understand the impact of our Flow campaigns. They wanted to know,
- how many users entered the Flow
- how many users who entered the Flow got fulfilled the conversion goal event (say how many users made purchase)
- how many goal events were done by the users who converted (say how many times did these users made purchase)
We set out to solve these problems and are happy that we have given this feature in closed beta usage.
Set Conversion Goal
While creating a new Flow, set up the user event that you want to track as conversion goal.
Edit Conversion Goal
Once a Flow is published, one cannot change the conversion goal. We do not allow it because it will result in inconsistent conversion data (as we will be missing on conversions happened before goal editing). You can edit as per:
|Flow Status||Conversion Goal|
To edit (in draft/saved state) you can click on Settings button and change the conversion goal event.
See Flow Metrics
Attribution: Conversion tracking starts when customer enters the journey and ends when customer exits the journey. Hence only if the user fulfills conversion goal event while being inside Flow, then only a conversion will be attributed to Flow.
In every Flow, you can now see 4 top level metrics
Entered - Users who have entered the Flow
Exited - Users who have exited the Flow
Conversion Events - Total number of times a conversion goal was fulfilled by any user between every Flow Entry and Exit e.g.
- If the user U1 enters the Flow on day D1 and exits on day D2 and purchased twice between D1 and D2, Conversion Events will be 2.
- If the user U1 enters the Flow on day D1 and exits the Flow on day D2 and purchased 2 times between D1 and D2. U1 then re-enters the Flow on D4 and exits the Flow on D6 and purchased 3 times between D4 & D6, conversion events will be 5.
Conversions - Number of unique users who fulfilled Flow Conversion goal between every Flow Entry and Exit e.g.
- If the user U1 enters the Flow on day D1 and exits on day D2 and purchased twice between D1 and D2, Conversions will be 1.
- If the user U1 enters the Flow on day D1 and exits the Flow on day D2 and purchased twice between D1 and D2. U1 then re-enters the Flow on D4 and exits the Flow on D6 and purchased 3 times between D4 & D6, conversion number will be 2 (counted 1 for every entry).
Note: This feature is currently in closed beta and hence is available only for few clients. If you wish to have access to this feature, please contact your Customer Success Manager.