Triggered Push is sent when a user does (or does not do) a defined action in a defined time (for ex. "Added a product to cart" but "Not Purchased" in 2 hours). It is possible that some of these push notifications are triggered at odd hours (for ex. if the user added a product at 10 pm, a push message will be sent at midnight). DND feature allows you to configure idle hours during which your customers should not receive triggered push notifications.
You can set up Do Not Disturb (DND) time interval in the following steps:
Step 1: Navigate to MoEngage Dashboard -> Settings (sidebar) -> Push Settings and click FC & DND
Step 2: Here, switch ON the DND toggle button and enter the time interval for which you wish to not send the triggered push notifications for Event Triggered, Location Triggered, and Device Triggered Push
InformationFor each user, DND will be set basis their respective time zone. If the user's time zone is not available with us, then your app time zone will take effect.
The app time zone is set by your admin at the time of account set up on the MoEngage dashboard. You can check it at Settings >> App Settings >> General Settings.
You can configure the following save and send options:
- For the messages generated during the DND period
- Save and send the Push after the DND period is completed or discard and do not send the message.
- Save and Send Criteria
- Select one of the following:
- Send all the messages available in the queue
- Send only one message from each of the created campaigns
- Send only one message from all of the Push campaign
- Order in which queued messages should be sent
- Send the most recent message in the queue (Last in First out) or send the first message recieved in the queue (First in First Out).
InformationIf you switch ON Stagger here, it will also get activated for other Event-Triggered campaigns such as Event-Triggered SMS and Event-Triggered Connectors.
For example, if during the DND period, the user became eligible for two notifications, with Save and Send as ON and Stagger message setting of 15 minutes, the user will receive the two messages in an interval of 15 minutes if the user is not breaching Frequency Capping.
The notifications can be either of Event-Triggered Push or Event-Triggered SMS or Event-Triggered Connectors.
For more information, refer to Push Frequency Capping.
DND for Push sent using Flows
DND Settings are applicable to the campaigns created inside a MoEngage Flow as well. For more information, refer to Flows Frequency Capping.