Analytics section gives insights into User Acquisition, Retention and Uninstalls. You can also find your Data Exports in this section.
Uninstall Events, a new tab to visualise device Uninstall Events, has been introduced under Uninstalls. While User Uninstalls primarily focuses on unique users who uninstalled the app. Before you analyse these charts, please ensure that you have configured the uninstalls settings for your app. More details on uninstall settings here.
MoEngage’s User Uninstalls analytics provides deeper insights into which users are uninstalling your app with day-level accuracy.
The charts shown under User Uninstalls are:
- User Uninstalls By Time
- User Uninstalls By Attribute
You can filter these statistics by:
- Platform type
- Date range - You can select a maximum of 60-day period at a time
You can also export the chart data in various format including CSV, PDF and image files:
User Uninstalls By Time
This section of our uninstalls analytics gives you deeper insights into user uninstalls with day-level accuracy.
- You can view daily, weekly or monthly uninstalls for a time range and platform.
- The chart also shows total uninstalls in that time range.
User Uninstalls By Attribute
This section of our uninstall analytics gives you deeper insights into which users are uninstalling your app. It displays uninstalls grouped into various ranges or categories by a user attribute.
- Currently, you can group uninstalls by any string, numeric or boolean type user attribute.
- Sum of all uninstalls displayed in the chart are also shown at the top.
- For string attributes, by default the graph displays at most top 10 attribute values by uninstall count.
- For example, in the screenshot below, top 10 Last Known Cities are displayed by uninstall count
- If you wish to see uninstalls for any other value, enter the Attribute values in the input box and click “APPLY”
- For numeric attributes, the graph displays uninstalls for various ranges of attribute values.
- For example, for No.of Sessions, by default you will see uninstalls grouped into ranges 1-1, 2-5, 6-10 11-50 and 51-199.
- If you wish to modify these ranges, move the knobs on the slider to the required position and click on “APPLY”.
- You can also modify the upper limit of the slider. Minimum value for the upper limit is 10.
Uninstall Events, a newly added tab, gives visualisation of device Uninstall Events in two forms:
- Uninstall Events By Time
- Uninstall Events By Attribute
Uninstall Events By Time
Uninstall Events by Attribute
Like graphs under User Uninstalls tab, these graphs can further be,
- Filtered based on the platform and date range (upto last 60 days)
- Downloaded in csv, jpeg, png,pdf, svg vector image formats.
- Display sum of all uninstalls at the top.
- Support customizable ranges and modification of upper limit for numeric attributes.
- Have minimum upper limit of 10 for numeric attributes.
- Display top 10 attribute values by uninstall events count.
In Lifetime Activity, you find attributes like Days since last active and Days till last active.
- Days since last active helps you visualize device uninstall data as per number of days between uninstall time of user on that device and last active time of user
- Days till last active helps you to visualize device uninstall data as per number of days between last active time of user and when the user was detected first on the MoEngage platform using that device (User created time in MoEngage)
What is the difference between User Uninstalls and Uninstall Events?
The User Uninstalls tab gives the number of unique users who uninstalled the app. If a user has the app on multiple devices, he would be counted in User Uninstalls only when he uninstalls the app from all the devices. Since this analytics is at user level, you can further break it up on user attributes like city, country, no of sessions etc.
Uninstall Events tab on the other hand, gives the number of times the app is uninstalled. If a user uninstalls, re-installs and uninstalls the app again, both the uninstall actions would be shown under Uninstall Events tab. Since this analytics is on user action on a device, you can further break it up on device attributes like OS version, device model etc.
In case you face any issues, you can always reach out to us at email@example.com