Available for Access Role: Admin/Manager
Creating dynamic campaigns requires the product id of a product saved in a Product Catalog, and included in a product set, to be correctly mapped against the product id passed by the event from the user’s device or website. Since each app adopts its own unique naming convention for events, MoEngage requires these events to be mapped against its standard list of events before they can be used in Product Sets.
Mapping User Action Events to MoEngage Standard events is a simple process carried out on the User Actions tab under Products>Product Sets.
On this page, you need to follow the steps listed below:
- Select the User Action you wish to map events for.
- In this section, if your app is already sending information about the Action performed (e.g. Product Purchase) to a standard MoEngage event, this relationship will be shown in the Action mapping section as shown below. You can still add any other events that you wish to be mapped to the user action as explained in the next step.
- To add more events against the required User Action, select the right event from the drop down as shown below.
- After selecting the event name, you can choose the attribute of the event that you want to save for the event. For example, in case of Product Sets, we need to select the event attribute product_id for the event Added to Cart.
- Once the event and its attribute is selected, MoEngage will start listening to this event for the selected action and will keep stporing the event attributes so that they can be used for creating Product Sets.