We have seen that this issue might occur(but not always), if you have migrated your Google project to Firebase, and you are using Legacy key in MoEngage Dashboard. In this article, we will help you with getting the right server key for sending push notifications.
- Visit the Firebase Console.
- Select the project name that you are using to send push notifications.
- Click on Project settings, there is a settings icon, right to the overview. You will find it there.
- Under Project Settings, select Cloud Messaging. You will see 2 keys mentioned in there.
- Legacy server key is what you have used on MoEngage Dashboard and you are not able to send notifications.
- Copy the Server key, which is a longer one, and
- Navigate to MoEngage App > Settings > Channel > Push and update the GCM API server key.
- After you update the Server key, create a campaign on the dashboard, you should receive push notifications on your desktop/mobile.