If you are not sending user details to MoEngage, to identify and target him, it's hard to test a push notification before actually sending it. Don't worry, you can target a user with push token information. You must be wondering on how to get it?. Follow the steps given below to get a push token -
1. Visit your HTTPS site on which you have subscribed for push notifications. In case of HTTP site, you have to visit the actual HTTPS site under which you have subscribed.
2. In the website window, Right Click -> Inspect -> Application -> Local Storage. Click on the domain that belongs to you. In the right pane, you will find the push token information under moe_push_storage or MOE_PUSH_TOKEN. Double click on the value section of this data to copy it. Images below will show on how that information looks like.
3. Now that you have push token, Kindly find the test campaign section while creating the campaign.
4. Select Device push token under the drop down, and paste the push token information you just copied.
5. Click on the TEST CAMPAIGN button to target your browser with a push token.
If you aren't able to see a notification after following the steps given, Please reach out to our support at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to assist you.