There are two configurations for Inform on the MoEngage Dashboard:
To access the Inform API settings, navigate to MoEngage Dashboard -> Settings -> APIs -> General Settings -> Inform.
The following parameters are available:
- APP ID - When you create an account in MoEngage, you will be assigned a unique identifier called the APP ID. This value will be used for identifying your account and authenticating it.
- API SECRET - API SECRET is the authentication key provided along with your APP ID. You can regenerate the API SECRET by clicking on the Regenerate API Secret icon. Note: MoEngage does not recommend regenerating the key unless there is a security breach. Once you generate a different API SECRET and save it, API calls using the older SECRET won't work.
User Attribute Settings
The User Attributes available in MoEngage's user profile can be added as fallbacks for personalization in Inform. For example, if you want to send 'name' as a parameter in your alert and its value is not passed in the API request (as the microservice didn’t know the value for 'name') while sending the alert, you can define a fallback. You can configure the fallback to be fetched from the user attribute (that contains the value for the 'name' parameter in the request) of the user for whom the alert is being sent. If this fallback is not available for the requested user, you can define a default value to be used for completing the request.
Note: If User Attributes are enabled, the SLAs for an Inform request will increase from 3 seconds (p90) to 4 seconds (p90).
To utilize user attributes as part of Text personalization fallbacks, do the following:
- Navigate to MoEngage Dashboard -> Settings -> Inform -> User Attributes.
- Turn on the Enable user attributes toggle.
- Click Enable in the popup to confirm the higher SLA for further Inform requests.
After enabling user attributes, you’ll be able to define the fallbacks based on them, and subsequent API calls will start considering the user attributes as part of the fallback algorithm. For more information, refer to Personalization using User Attributes.