Uninstall Settings provide you platform-level controls for uninstall tracking.
You can enable uninstall tracking for Android or iOS under Settings-> App Settings -> Uninstalls Settings.
- We track uninstalls for Android and iOS daily. Once you enable uninstall tracking, you can view the updated uninstall stats next day onwards.
- If you disable this setting for a platform, we will stop actively searching for uninstalls for that platform. However, failed-delivery attempts of push campaign messages will still show up as uninstalls.
- Uninstalls can only be tracked for users who opted-in for push notifications.
- By default, uninstall tracking is enabled on the test environment. This would expose you to all kind of integration errors that can occur if silent pushes are not handled properly. Once you resolve those issues, make sure to enable uninstall tracking on your app's live environment.
- You can also test silent push notifications for Android and iOS before enabling them. Learn more about testing the silent pushes here.
Android Uninstall Tracking
- If you are handling pushes yourself, please ensure you are handling silent pushes as well before enabling this.
- If you observe blank notifications with no text or logo in your application, it is possible that you have done some custom handling of push notification and silent push is not handled by the application. In that case, please disable Android Uninstall Tracking.
iOS Uninstall Tracking
We use silent push notifications to track uninstalls.
- iOS Silent Pushes - If no push is attempted to an iOS device, there won’t be any failed-delivery attempt and consequently, uninstall will not be detected. Hence, enabling iOS silent pushes will result in more comprehensive uninstall data.
In case you have any issues, you can always reach out to us at email@example.com